Just picked up a new super duty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice. Strong engine and drivetrain. A great tow vehicle. My 16 doesn't even know it has 10k hooked to it. It just digs a bit deeper, boost goes up (mine tops out at 26lbs), and it rolls on.
Fuel filters often, 10-12k, drain the water separator once a month. I run Stanadyne now after trying a few fuel adds. Ford will be picky about the fuel system under warranty... any sign of water or rust, and there have been denials.
Pretty much everyone I know with one follows the OLM, and runs 10w30. I tried a 15w40 at first, then settled on a 30 weight after comparing a few UOA. The 30's are fine, even towing. Under warranty, you may want to see what your dealer uses in the service dept to keep them happy, and keep good records. There are a bazillion threads about Ford and their position on oil choice, just pick a recommended oil from their list.
You got a pretty one there, enjoy it!

Originally Posted By: Kira
^^ And how 'bout rustproofing it NOW, as in BEFORE the rust starts?

Love how the silver eases the look of the vehicle.

Hitch towing or 5th wheel?

Trailer, will be towing my airstream. Silver with silver looks pretty good.

Never had rust issues if FL. Just some surface rust and I am not that close to the water so no salty air.

Originally Posted By: Schmoe
I like your driveway....pretty nice!!!!

Yeah but my grass needs some work
smile.gif
Supposed have been sodded already but my landscaper just told me he can't do it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BeerCan
Originally Posted By: Kira
^^ And how 'bout rustproofing it NOW, as in BEFORE the rust starts?

Love how the silver eases the look of the vehicle.

Hitch towing or 5th wheel?

Trailer, will be towing my airstream. Silver with silver looks pretty good.

Never had rust issues if FL. Just some surface rust and I am not that close to the water so no salty air.

Originally Posted By: Schmoe
I like your driveway....pretty nice!!!!

Yeah but my grass needs some work
smile.gif
Supposed have been sodded already but my landscaper just told me he can't do it.

Gorgeous trailer:)

Just added fox 2.0 shocks, a 55 gallon titan tank and a pace edwards ultragroove. Changed a bunch of options in forscan, like secure idle, blinker length and turned off the annoying double honk.

Having fun
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back