Just got a 3D LED maglite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a case/glove for it. Where can I get one? I have searched..not even the manufacturer has one listed. Second, Is there a mod to make it brighter? It is 136 Lumin out of the box.
Are these still good lights or is the quality decreased? My dad has one that is over 20 years only and has been beat to death and is still in perfect shape..just scratches
Dusty

Oh! heck yea. Why didn't I think of that. Grip, shock resistance, and weather resistance. NICE
Thanks.

Get a light which takes 18650 cell and don't look back again. "D" cell alkaline batteries are so eighteen century technology :)

Originally Posted By: DrDusty86
I want a case/glove for it. Where can I get one? I have searched..not even the manufacturer has one listed. Second, Is there a mod to make it brighter? It is 136 Lumin out of the box.
Are these still good lights or is the quality decreased? My dad has one that is over 20 years only and has been beat to death and is still in perfect shape..just scratches
Dusty

How much light do you want and how much do you want to spend? Many lights are smaller, have better light, and are made just as well. Mags are good lights but there are better out there.

There are universal holders available - pick one to meet your needs. If you have a local outdoorsman place (Sportsman Warehouse, Cabela's, Bass Pro etc) you might get an idea from what they carry.

Flashlights? lol... just today I received my Surefire P2X Fury, Surefire E2D Defender (2nd), and Fenix TK15 S2. Figured there was still a little room left in the 2 drawers of flashlight I have - Surefire, Fenix, 5 11 ATAC, Zebralight, Nitecore, Eagletak, Klarus etc.

Batteries - if not a standard top brand AA/AAA, etc. get reputable cells as some cheap inferior batteries can really cause problems as they are unregulated. Many lights will take the rechargeable, but check as some single cell rechargeable don't work well replacing a dual cell primary.
I use both non-chargeable (primaries) and re-chargeable. I like to keep both - also today with the 3 flashlights I got another 72-pack of CR123A's lithium.
CR123, RCR123, 18650 are probably my most used.
For AA/AAA, mostly use Eneloop rechargeable.
Seems weird... I don't have a MagLight

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back