Just bought used Exmark LazerZ---->Maintenance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dave123
I'm very happy with the Amsoil 20w50 hydro oil full season on it very smooth don't know if worth added expense over M1 never ran it but happy with it.

I actually like the M1 product and see no reason not to use it, but due to availability around here for the 15w-50 Im going to have to order it, so I might as well order a botique oil...

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Make sure you got grease in the front casters; both the swivel and the wheel itself. That's four grease points.

Good to know, I noticed they don't currently have zerks, but I should have some in the bin that will fit assuming it has a threaded hole already.

Seems like they throw a small screw in these instead of a zerk at the factory for some reason...

Originally Posted By: SOHCman
Make sure you got grease in the front casters; both the swivel and the wheel itself. That's four grease points.

Good to know, I noticed they don't currently have zerks, but I should have some in the bin that will fit assuming it has a threaded hole already.

Seems like they throw a small screw in these instead of a zerk at the factory for some reason...

Oddly enough, I've run across spindles, etc, with zerks, only to find that the bearings within are sealed! Still made me feel better to have grease in there.
laugh.gif

Quote:
Oddly enough, I've run across spindles, etc, with zerks, only to find that the bearings within are sealed! Still made me feel better to have grease in there. laugh

Oddly enough, John Deere, and a couple of other MFGs do not
put grease in their deck/mower spindles with zerks on/in them.

I'm of the opinion that any grease you put in there would act
as a heat sink.

Originally Posted By: SOHCman

I have a mower like that. They say to remove the bolt and install a zerk fitting instead to grease. My assumption is that a zerk fitting would break off easily if you hit something. Then you have problems.

If you read the manual they probably want you to remove the bolt and install a zerk fitting in its place temporarily to grease. Then reinstall the bolt. I'm assuming they don't want a standard zerk sticking out for fear of it breaking off.

One thing, if the unit gets herky jerky when going forward, check the hydraulic dampers on each steering arm. I just replaced mine and boy what a difference. Now it takes some arm pressure to move the steering arms but the herky jerky is gone.

Those ZTRs seem to be able to mow the lawn at 25 miles an hour . I may be exaggerating but they seem to mow that fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back