Just bought a 2008 Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: WyrTwister
30 MPG city or highway ?

Combined, probably 75% city with a decent amount of stop and go rush hour traffic.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Was it originally an automatic? It looks like an automatic shift bezel that someone stuck a manual shifter into

Nope, always a manual. That's just how the manual shift bezels look on that era Fusion.

Originally Posted By: WishIhadatruck
Nice ride!

As with some others, I'm not a fan of K&N air filters. I worry about how well they filter, some seem to do fine but not all. My Suburban came with a K&N cold air intake, I replaced the cone filter with an Amsoil of the same size to get away from using an oiled cotton filter.

I will probably do the same.

K&N is way too much hassle to clean. Maybe there is a paper cone filter that would fit.

I looked at the wheels and they are 18-inch, which is not an option that I can tell for 2008. 17-inch was the largest. Also came with practically new Goodyear Eagle tires.

Nice! I just added a 07 fusion 5 speed automatic to my stable friday. Has 172K Just put a caliper and rear brakes on it. It gets a windshield and an inspection tomorrow so i can get her tagged.

Although the 06-09 Fusion doesn't have a cabin filter, it has the space for one. Instructions can be found online somewhere. The filter itself will be the same one used for the 10-12 Fusion
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
That is clean. Lot of car for 3500 bucks. Enjoy.

I feel like I practically stole it for that price! I mean it blue books closer to 4800!

Thanks again, all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back