JR Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to say by looking at their website. They are probably good filters. Their claims seem to be very similiar to the "KoolBlue", and the oil color is the same......makes me wonder if Accel KoolBlues are just rebadged JRs...???

A fellow owner on S2ki.com has done an oil analysis running with the JR filter and at 6ppm with 5500miles on the oil.

I thought about JR being related to the coolblue as well. They are contructed the same with the 4 layer surgical cotton media. It is an ISO 9001 so quality should be pretty good.

quote:

It is an ISO 9001 so quality should be pretty good.

offtopic.gif

LOL. Iso 9001 only guarantees that you make yoru product in a consistant manner. Your policies and procedures can be all wrong, but as long as you follow them "to a T" ALL THE TIME, you will be in 100% compliance with iso.
wink.gif

I am almost 100% sure that JR Filters are the manufacturers of the Accel Kool Blue Filters. If you cross reference there part # for different applications, they are nearly identical.

Eg) JR Filter Part # for the S2000 : FR-085185H
Accel Kool Blue Part # for the S2000: KUC8518

I have to agree, sure seem like they are. Ihave 2 of these, one in a 2002 Trans Am WS6 and one in a 2001 GMC 5.3L Ext Cab Z71. Its been in the truck for about 1000 miles and seems to be OK. It noticed a jump in fuel mileage. During the winter I rarely get 16 mpg (more like 15.5) but have been averaging about 16.7 since it was installed. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back