Jaguar OEM filter cut open (heavy pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed the oil and filter on my GFs 2005 Jaguar S Type 4.2liter v8 today. Car has 52k and history of several different oils and filters used. Cut open the Jag OEM filter and was VERY pleased with the quality. This filter was on the Jag for 5k using Valvoline Dino. Replaced with Mobile Clean 5000 and a Purolator Pure one filter. Does anyone know who makes the Jaguar OEM filter??

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Since Jag was, until recently, a part of Ford, Purolator is the likely probability because of the Motorcraft connection.

Originally Posted By: EricF
It kinda resembes a wix, but it has no spring.
It really looks like a purolator.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. Looks good though, thanks for the pics!

Heavy pics you ain't a kidding!
crazy2.gif
think you can resize them a little.

Thank you for helping me get my money's worth out of my ISP, haha. No problem here though, thanks for them, something different to see. Looks like a good old school filter, honest material, honest labor, honest original product.

Yes I agree! The core on this filter was amazing. I would think this filter has to flow VERY well!

The filter will only flow as much as the center threaded hole allows, right? In other words, as long as the total area of every tube perforation exceeds that of the relatively small center threaded hole, the tube's not a restriction, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back