It's not just Chinese tire names......

if I need the time that badly I've had a cell since early 2000's.
In addition to no watch, I don't have a smart phone either. I don't need to be connected 24/7 and to get text messages and phone calls everywhere I am. I you want me, call my home. If I'm not home. leave a message and I'll get back to you. My wife has a smart phone and we are together 90% of the time, so there is one available for those rare occasions when they are useful, like for GPS or finding a restaurant.

My daughter is enthralled with Japanese culture and is fluent in the language and loves the Anime/Cosplay space. One of her beloved characters is a Vocaloid, don't ask, named Hatsune Miku. I told her my Japanese Cosplay/Anime/Vocaloid name is Mai Hai Nee Soh Puey. She is not amused.

My daughter is enthralled with Japanese culture and is fluent in the language and loves the Anime/Cosplay space. One of her beloved characters is a Vocaloid, don't ask, named Hatsune Miku. I told her my Japanese Cosplay/Anime/Vocaloid name is Mai Hai Nee Soh Puey. She is not amused.
My sneaking suspicion is that 5 syllable names in Anime/Cosplay is not preferred among the younger generation!

In addition to no watch, I don't have a smart phone either. I don't need to be connected 24/7 and to get text messages and phone calls everywhere I am. I you want me, call my home. If I'm not home. leave a message and I'll get back to you. My wife has a smart phone and we are together 90% of the time, so there is one available for those rare occasions when they are useful, like for GPS or finding a restaurant.

I wish I could do this but I am still employed for the new few decades. 🤷‍♂️

Watch...what's a watch? Oh yeah, that device I removed from my wrist when I retired 17 years ago! 😁
You probably stopped washing yourself and started walking around barefoot while wearing nothing but a loincloth! Clearly didn't give up the computer, though. :ROFLMAO:

if I need the time that badly I've had a cell since early 2000's.
I can't imagine having to reach for my phone to see the time. A flick of the wrist and a glance is all it takes. I have worn wristwatches since age 10. I barely ever don't wear one. Whether I'm working, surfing, running, driving, or doing anything, I wear a watch. When I work on my car or do something like climbing I wear a beater watch. None of my watches is jewelry. They are all toolwatches. Two of them are a bit more dressy but they are still toolwatches.

Wearing a watch is like wearing underwear for me. Without it, I feel naked. I should make that my signature line.

Last edited:
During the Vietnam War, there were some South Vietnamese generals with funny names.

I once went to a Halloween party dressed up like one. I named myself General Khanh Ding Dong.

SmartWatch is the hot ticket for the Non- Boomers. They also sell watches and rings that map your heartbeat, blood pressure and oxygenation of blood. Eventually they will monitor your blood glucose and wife's fertility temperature. Ain't science great!

SmartWatch is the hot ticket for the Non- Boomers. They also sell watches and rings that map your heartbeat, blood pressure and oxygenation of blood. Eventually they will monitor your blood glucose and wife's fertility temperature. Ain't science great!
Oh boy I get a new wife with the deal. Sweet!

I would not call those devices watches because their main purpose is not timekeeping, although they contain a clock. Pocket watches went out of style because they were impractical compared to wristwatches. Wristwatches are probably a lot more popular than you realize.

This is a real company, so please don’t report me.
20131204_224516535_iOS.jpeg

Same with me lol. I even just give people my wife's number now as she said we don't need the landline anymore (at $6 a month)

Yeah who would eat that Japanese food, willingly anyway....
to the serious side....

less than 2 weeks ago

Back