Issue with 15 F150 and Water!

Talking 2015 F150 5.0. Over the last year I noticed some interior frosting and some interior condensation, depending on the season. I figured there was a leak but could never find any wet carpet and it was minor so didn't think much of it. Last week we had the remnants of a hurricane up the east coast. Luckily my area did not get hit hard with wind, or rain. We did get a high volume of rain over 2 days. Multiple inches, but only some localized flooding.

I did notice the rear passenger side door had a good amount of water in the lower panel of the door. I could hear it swishing around as I manipulated the door. I could also see some water, albeit slowly drain from I assume is a weep home at the bottom of the door when I opened it. Not much but it was dripping a bit. Within 2 days the water is gone.

Assumption is I have a blockage in the gutter so to speak. How do ya clear this? How do you find the water channel in this vehicle? I'll have this vehicle 6 years next week and plan on another 6 years and don't want to have my door rusting out on me.

look along the bottom of the door you can see the weep holes. Chck the squeegee seal on the glass of that door.

do you have a sunroof? Sometimes the drains get blocked and the water finds other ways to escape.

Bottom of the door there are fore and aft square weep holes.

20210827_130334.jpg

do you have a sunroof? Sometimes the drains get blocked and the water finds other ways to escape.

That was my original fear. The moonroof's on the F150 like so many others are wrought with issues. I wish I could have gotten a Lariat trim without the roof!

door drains are clogged, usually from parking under a tree or near the edge of a house where the water drains off the roof. you can try cleans that area or pulling out the seal on the door that is a little above that hole. its a little rectangular grommet. one of mine fell out but it work to drain water out of the door.

Back