Is Traveller TSC oil any good?

Hello. Question about the new bottles of Traveller oil at tractor supply. Going to be getting some 5w30 for my 5.7 Chevy. Is it still made by Warren? I dont want synthetic but cant find any mobil that isnt. Either way just wondering if the stuff is alright. Thanks take care.

covered topic already - please use the search function before posting ....

Is it still made by Warren?
Their bottles often say "Produced by ...." unless the retail store pays more so they just put "Distributed by TSC...". The other option is look at the stamp on the bottom of the bottle. It should have a "W" inside a shape (circle ??).

If it still has the API sticker you have zero things to worry about.
For the most part, that's true.
However, there are unauthorized uses of the API markings ...

I looked for Traveller oil and couldn't find it on the API site, however the API search tool is very sensitive to spelling inputs, corporate names, etc ...

I generally believe that Traveller oils are licensed as they claim.

In my area TSC motor oil is made by Smittys Supply… It has SS stamped under the bottom of the oil containers. 1 qts and 5 we containers.

For the most part, that's true.
However, there are unauthorized uses of the API markings ...

I looked for Traveller oil and couldn't find it on the API site, however the API search tool is very sensitive to spelling inputs, corporate names, etc ...

I generally believe that Traveller oils are licensed as they claim.

I’d bet dollars to donuts the API license is under Smittys Supply. I know that Cam2 dexos approval numbers for 0w20 and 5w30 are matched with Super S dexos approval numbers. And I would bet Cam2 API falls under Smittys Supply too.

In my area TSC motor oil is made by Smittys Supply… It has SS stamped under the bottom of the oil containers. 1 qts and 5 we containers.
I saw that on the bottom of my bottle. Thank you!

If I remember correctly, Cam2 was Warren Distribution's signature product.

Nah man it’s not.

Cam2 is made by Smittys Supply incorporated. Thus the SSI under this Cam2 oil quart.

It is sold in Warren Distribution website though. I was surprised to see that several months ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0326.jpeg
    IMG_0326.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0327.jpeg
    IMG_0327.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 33
I saw that on the bottom of my bottle. Thank you!

No problem man.

I pay attention to things. When the new oil containers came in to TSC I checked them out. The 5 qt containers are a dead on match for the old Cam2 5 qt oil containers.

Nah man it’s not.

Cam2 is made by Smittys Supply incorporated. Thus the SSI under this Cam2 oil quart.

It is sold in Warren Distribution website though. I was surprised to see that several months ago.
Noticed that just yesterday. I guess smitty supply is ok? Idk oil I'd oil.. thanks

You got the clearance oil then it was not made by Smittys Supply.

That was made by Martin Lubricants I believe.
Yup, was the clearance oil.
I got two 1 qt bottles, have one left, and it is a SSI bottle.
I went through the rest of my jugs, and one is SSI as well.

Still don't really care if it is Smitty's or Martin, it is fine for my needs.

Just picked up 5 gallon bucket of Traveller HD30 Conventional SP rated motor oil on clearance at TSC. Will use it for mower, pressure washer, top offs on a couple cars, etc (for the next decade or so!).

Any idea how one can tell who manufactures the oil for TSC? Is there a secret marking on the pail?

Back