Is this a legit email or malware?

Never heard of sender or OneDrive. Is this some phishing or virus email? Microsoft Microsoft Corporation sounds odd.

email.jpg

Microsoft One Drive is legit. I use it frequently. It's Microsoft's version of cloud software, like Google Drive. Whether what you received is spam or malware is another issue.

You could open it in a virtual machine if you really wanted to. But you could get tracked for opening the email and get more malicious emails in the future.

As soon as you click it, you will give them all your personal info to hack you one way or another.

To atikovi and every responder so far.
This may qualify to break a profanity rule but the question email falls under the, "What the he77 is that?" category.
It's among the purest examples of fluff format stuff I've ever seen.

Rcn.com is now astound broadband. Could that be your internet provider?
I would not open it.

Anything you are not expecting in an email is NOT LEGITIMATE
Why would you want to open it? Makes no sense.
This is why people get hacked so easy, they are just dying to know what it is. Its human and they prey on peoples weakness in this way. Ask yourself why do you need this document and who is it that you are dealing with sent it to you? Answer - No one

No email is important if you don't know who it is. If anything legal they will send a letter USPS.
Just get in the habit of deleting anything you not expecting that comes in your mailbox.

Last edited:
Phone is low risk to open compared to a Windows machine.
I’m curious why you would say that.

If anything, IMO it is more of a risk. Most people have more stuff that is valuable to a hacker than an average computer. Stuff like contact lists, banking apps, social media apps, network traffic, etc, are all there for the taking. Mobile phones are not as safe as people think when compared to windows.

Leave malware investigations to people who are expert at it. All that stuff like this deserves from the everyday user is ignore or delete it.

Back