is Pennzoil Platinum still the favorite?

Am currently running Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage 10 30 in 4 vehicles with WIX XP filters. Been trying different oils to see if there's a difference. Was warned by 2 mechanics to stay away from pennzoil but old guys seem to be that way about Peennzoil.
Tried it, liked it. Cars don't seem to operate any worse than they did with Castrol Edge or Mobil 1 EP HM...
.gonna try valvoline EP HM and after that royal purple HMX.

Welp - there's 6 different favorite oils here.

The Quaker State because it's a buck cheaper crowd.

The Mobil 1 in it's various flavors crowd. The 0W-40 members have special gold cards in that crowd.

The boutique crowd, mostly HPL with a few AMSOIL/Redline supporting members

The BMW/VW certs crowd.

The Euro crowd, which is not to be confused with the certs crowd.

I'm in the 6th crowd. That is the 'it's all good oil' crowd, though we each have our favorites. Mine is Penz Ultra Platinum in the black label bottle. There is a Penz Platinum silver label also that is a bit more reminiscent of the Penzoil Ultra Plat with Pure Plus that WAS the favorite for quite a while.

There's a fringe group that loves Rotella. We tried driving them off with pitchforks but they are crafty little guerillas.

(just kidding Rotella crowd!)
This is a great post. I would think there is a place for the ultra-cheap, who shop and advocate the blends. There is also maybe two places for the "factory rec" adherents in the OW20 world, and their arch-enemies, the "CAFE standards are a big conspiracy, be a man and get the benefits of the higher MOFT" crowd, but you go my vote with "Quaker State because it's a buck cheaper."

This is a great post. I would think there is a place for the ultra-cheap, who shop and advocate the blends. There is also maybe two places for the "factory rec" adherents in the OW20 world, and their arch-enemies, the "CAFE standards are a big conspiracy, be a man and get the benefits of the higher MOFT" crowd, but you go my vote with "Quaker State because it's a buck cheaper."
Yes! ST 0w-20 for 10k miles. No issues.

I think Pennzoil Platinum is the darling of this site. I bought some after reading about how good it is here. Plus videos on YT. Wallyworld had it for 23.00. Plus the idea of someone making enough natural gas to create oil is mighty impressive. I've eaten a lot of beans and can't figure out how they do it.
Otherwise, my favorite was Mobile 1, but have been using Supertech high mileage for a while now with no problems. At two thousand miles I can easily see the crosshatch through the oil on the dipstick on my van.

Just be sure to shake the PP jug before pouring it in the engine. The additives (sediment) settle and collect in the bottom of the jug. I assume then that gets pumped and trapped in your oil filter.

Ok. I wondered why every jug of PP I’ve seen has that in the bottom. That’s the sludge additive then…
I have these coming up in the stash queue - but wanted to use up SN+ before the SP’s …

IMG_1633.png

Welp - there's 6 different favorite oils here.

The Quaker State because it's a buck cheaper crowd.

The Mobil 1 in it's various flavors crowd. The 0W-40 members have special gold cards in that crowd.

The boutique crowd, mostly HPL with a few AMSOIL/Redline supporting members

The BMW/VW certs crowd.

The Euro crowd, which is not to be confused with the certs crowd.

I'm in the 6th crowd. That is the 'it's all good oil' crowd, though we each have our favorites. Mine is Penz Ultra Platinum in the black label bottle. There is a Penz Platinum silver label also that is a bit more reminiscent of the Penzoil Ultra Plat with Pure Plus that WAS the favorite for quite a while.

There's a fringe group that loves Rotella. We tried driving them off with pitchforks but they are crafty little guerillas.

(just kidding Rotella crowd!)
I am the Rotella in everything guy.

Back