Is NuFinish bad for the paint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete,
The Arizona sun will kill your paint and the only things that you can do it to protect the paint by applying good products like NuFinish or anything else for that matter and, keep the vehicle out of the sun as much as possible. Road salt that is used here in the northern states(not all states) doesn't seem to damage the paint as it kills the steel body. We have alot of rust surrounded by shiny paint.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Pete,
The Arizona sun will kill your paint and the only things that you can do it to protect the paint by applying good products like NuFinish or anything else for that matter and, keep the vehicle out of the sun as much as possible. Road salt that is used here in the northern states(not all states) doesn't seem to damage the paint as it kills the steel body. We have alot of rust surrounded by shiny paint.

Char Baby: Sounds good. I'm a big fan of NuFinish's shine, but wasn't sure about the protection. Based on the responses here, it sounds good.

Unfortunately, I can't keep the car out of the sun: my apartment complex has open-to-the-sky parking lots. I'll be getting married in June, and my fiancee's condo (I'd be moving there) has covered parking, which is good. :)

Congratulations and best of luck to you and your fiancee.
Keep you paint polished till then and keep it covered as
much as possible. Back in the 80's and 90's, CR Magazine Rated NuFinish their #1 tested wax/polish and a good value. Later in years, they rated Meguiers Cleaner Wax as their #1 product. Today they now have another product that is their #1 rated wax/polish. Black Magic Wet Shine Loquid Wax. I bought some on sale to try and it does leave a shiny finish. But it was other things that helped it rate #1 such as: ease of use, low dusting, longevity, price and shine. You may want to try it when you use up you NuFinish. It may be even less abrasive than the NuFinish(not that NuFinish is very abrasive) but, the Black Magic is more creamy. Takes a bit longer to dry before removal. Shouldn't be an issue where you live.

I like both the NuFinish and the Black Magic. Both of them will beed water for about 5 to 6 months. The NuFinish is very eazy to wipe off, even in the sun. The Black Magic takes a little work to wipe off. The Black Magic claims to have UV protection.

Originally Posted By: steveh
I like both the NuFinish and the Black Magic. Both of them will beed water for about 5 to 6 months. The NuFinish is very eazy to wipe off, even in the sun. The Black Magic takes a little work to wipe off. The Black Magic claims to have UV protection.

I noticed that the Black Magic takes longer to dry as it has a bit more silicone(not silocon)in it. This was one of the "cons" according to the reviews. Once dry, it leaves a nice shine but, only last til the next wash where then there is no difference. I noticed the same thing with "Yellow Wax". Brilliant shine til you wash the next time. Then it's only as good as the next product. Yellow Wax really seems to hide scratches and flaws til the next washing. Many products do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back