Is it over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
His portal had a phase variance of .0000631. That sent him to a slightly different alternate reality.

He's not where he thinks he is.

I've visited the Soviet Union back in the Brezhnev era. I got to see first-hand how the system works (or doesn't). What a mess! It seemed to me that the lowliest worker in the US lives better than the average joe in the USSR.

Nikita Khrushchev, prime minister of the Soviet Union, said years ago that the USSR didn't need to attack America, that the USA would soon self destruct from within, and then the Soviets could simply walk in and take over. Appears the old man knew exactly what he was talking about fifty years ago. This country has become just a mere shell of its former self, and I doubt if there's any chance of returning it to its former glory.

I remember recently reading about the Soviet Union and when the movie version of the "Grapes of Wrath" made it over there. Stalin distributed it to every theater to demonstrate how capitalism had failed the American people. Instead, quite the opposite happened. The Russian peasantry was quite infuriated and envious that even in the midst of the Deperession, Americans had cars to drive around.

I have a neat old book I picked up about 20 years ago, it's called "New Russia's Primer: The Story of the Five year Plan." Yes, it made everything sound great! But alas, we know how the story ended.

Hah, what do you know...you can read it online: http://www.marxists.org/subject/art/literature/children/texts/ilin/new/

Originally Posted By: oilyriser
The Russians do have experience with economic collapse.

Yes. If they're still functional after such doomed from the beginning economic principles ..well, we always have hope that our superior and vibrant principles can pull through this obvious fluke of an occurrence.

Originally Posted By: oilyriser
The Russians do have experience with economic collapse.
We bailed the soviet unuon out a couple times through history. Who will bail us out?

The Russians (and British, Chinese, Venezuelans, Iranians, Iraqis, Germans, Italians, Japanese, et. al.) have said we're on the ropes for centuries now. First it was the American Revolution. Next the Whiskey Rebellion. The War of 1812. The Indian wars. The war with Mexico in the 1830's. The Civil War (remember who the British were getting chummy with. Hint: it wasn't anybody in Washington, DC). So on and so forth.

Point is, the demise of this country has been so well forecasted and foretold that you'd think it was inevitable. Yet somehow we're still around.

Likely we're going to pull together in spite of all our differences and show the world what we're made of again. Time for a new Greatest Generation.

Originally Posted By: Beachboy
Nikita Khrushchev, prime minister of the Soviet Union, said years ago that the USSR didn't need to attack America, that the USA would soon self destruct from within, and then the Soviets could simply walk in and take over. Appears the old man knew exactly what he was talking about fifty years ago. This country has become just a mere shell of its former self, and I doubt if there's any chance of returning it to its former glory.
The soviet union never was a big whoop to begin with .They just had a military. And a too strong government that stomped their citizens into the ground ,lots of people in this country would like to be treated that way.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Americans will fight for thier homeland long after anything else. Russia would be really, really dumb to try and force this issue in any way.
I really doubt it.

I don't think a pacified (or mostly disarmed) population will be fighting anyone. I think that any real threat won't be from ragging bazerkers from Russia.

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
Of course the Russians will assume leadership, once they sober up.

Then we are safe for the foreseeable future.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
We should give Detroit to the Russians.

Yea, Detroit has been run in a lot of ways like the USSR.
LOL.gif

In other ways, like an African "republic"

Originally Posted By: jsharp
He predicted that the U.S. will break up into six parts - the Pacific coast, with its growing Chinese population; the South, with its Hispanics; Texas, where independence movements are on the rise; the Atlantic coast, with its distinct and separate mentality; five of the poorer central states with their large Native American populations; and the northern states, where the influence from Canada is strong.
smirk2.gif

What about good old-fashioned White Americans of European ancestry? Last I checked, they were in the majority. What a buffoon. This guy thinks like a commissar.

You see. That's what makes us great! Despite how bad we feel about what we did to Native Americans, what we did to African slaves, what we did to Irish immigrants, eastern European immigrants, Jews, Italians, and now Hispanics, we are NOT like the rest of the world. By and large we have gotten past bloody conflicts over ethnicity. We just ask you assimilate on a basic level. Not so with many other countries in the world. Look at what's going on in even a place so "progressive" as France. Look at Africa where "tribes" still cut each other's heads off with machetes. Insert country and ethnic group here. Shiites, Sunnis, Serbs, Tamils, Pashtuns, Tajiks, Kurds, Georgians, Chechnyans, etc. Sure we still have biases and arguments. But we are nothing like many other countries. Other countries see our diversity as a weakness because they can only compare it to their own. It has never been so. It has always been at the CORE of our strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back