Is $1700 a good price for suspension work?

I got new upper and lower ball joints, new lower control arm bushings, sway bar end links, and inner and outer tie rod ends on my dodge ram 2500 2wd diesel. Basically everything on the front end except upper control arm bushings

I remember like 10 years ago Firestone wanted like $800 for one ball joint 🙄 Been using this local independent shop for everything on my truck sonce ive owned it, and no I didn't pay the $800
Firestone wanted $1200 for struts on my old Corolla.

Are you saying that the parts were replaced under warranty and that you paid $1700 in labor only? If so, that is excessive since it doesn't take a shop anywhere near 10+ labor hours for that work.
That's what I thought. I think the owners retired and one of the long time employees bought the place, so I bet he went up on the hourly rate a bit. I was charged for the bushings. Those weren't under warranty. They still do good work though atleast. Looks like I also got new upper control arm bushings. I think the upper control arm and ball joints are one assembly on my truck, so I think I got new upper control arm bushings for no charge.

I got new upper and lower ball joints, new lower control arm bushings, sway bar end links, and inner and outer tie rod ends on my dodge ram 2500 2wd diesel. Basically everything on the front end except upper control arm bushings
Not a bad price. I spent almost that much for my Nissan Frontier on a front suspension rebuild with 2 new struts included. Addendum: That did include parts AND Labor.

Last edited:
Not a bad price. I spent almost that much for my Nissan Frontier on a front suspension rebuild with 2 new struts included.
My moms frontier always wore the inside of the tire down more than the rest on the front two tires. I think if they actually rotated them it wouldn't have been noticeable. Did they from new all the way until 38,000 when we sold it. I think they were the original tires too. It was a 2005 model. She passed away so that's why it got sold with so few miles.

Seems high to me but so is everything else.

You are basically getting a new front end. It is what it is. Cheaper than a new truck-that's for sure!

You are basically getting a new front end. It is what it is. Cheaper than a new truck-that's for sure!
Yeah the upper control arms are an entire assembly so ingot new upper bushings too. I think they didn't realize that at the time of the quote, so yeah i got everything on the front end replaced except shocks and struts. Feels like a new truck too! It doesn't shake the dash on every little bump now. Lol

Reactions: CKN
Probably cheaper than the sales tax on that new vehicle.
Lmao. A new 2500 ram diesel is atleast 80k the last time I looked. I just keep poking this one along. 17 years old 223k miles and over 10k hours on the engine.

Back