IRON MAIDEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, loads here too.
Got ASAP, and Psycho Motel.

Lots of other 'maiden tragic stuff...

I've got a Samson DVD around somewhere (thanks to Gaba Kulka)

Solo stuff...

Originally Posted By: Garak
I still have a fairly varied selection of metal CDs around, with a fair bit of Priest.

Got this somewhere too...

Originally Posted By: Patman
I also saw them in 1984! It was my second ever concert (first was Judas Priest, also in 1984) I still listen to Iron Maiden, although I don't really listen to anything after Powerslave, I prefer their early stuff.

I still have a fairly varied selection of metal CDs around, with a fair bit of Priest.

I don't have very many CDs left now that iTunes is around, but my phone is loaded up with stuff from Anthrax, Slayer, Testament, Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Scorpions, Motley Crue, Skid Row, and much more just like that. Long live metal!
smile.gif

Maybe it's fun to name our favorites from each album:
Iron Maiden - Prowler - close second Remember Tomorrow, which if you haven't heard Metallica's cover, look it up it is great!
Killers - Killers
Number of the Beast - Hallowed be thy Name
Piece of Mind - The Trooper, though the live Revelations from the Somewhere Back in Time tour is tops overall
Powerslave - Aces High of course
Somewhere in Time - Wasted Years
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son - The Evil That Men Do, perhaps my favorite of them all
No Prayer for the Dying - don't have one! Every band has a dud or two
wink.gif

Fear of the Dark - Fear of the Dark
X Factor and Virtual XI - have to admit haven't listened to them!
Brave New World - Ghost of the Navigator. Fun fact - the Washington Capitals play bits from The Wicker Man routinely after goals.
Dance of Death - Paschendale
A Matter of Life and Death - The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg, love this one.
The Final Frontier - I need to listen to this one a few more times
The Book of Souls - When the River Runs Deep. This album on the whole is really good.

I'm no Apple fan, so I hang onto my CDs. At least with luxury cars (or any old man type vehicles), the last generation of audio hardware is always available.
wink.gif

I can't even play CDs in my Corvette, but it has multiple USB ports and you can either keep your music on a memory stick or simply plug in your phone and Apple Car Play or Android Auto will allow you to access your music this way. I just can't go back to the old days of lugging around "books" full of CDs in my car anymore, this way is much easier
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
Gotta admit growing up in the 80's I LOVED and LOVE IRON MAIDEN. Cool that Dickinson is a licensed pilot to boot. Never saw them in concert but dickinsons book is good as I'm halfway thru it.

Relaxing listening to some of their old stuff on cd brother burned for me

IRON MAIDEN is my favorite band. My son and I were able to see them in Tampa when I lived there. He knew that they were my favorite band and surprised me with the tickets. On April,17, 2011, they played at the Tampa Lightning Arena. And, it was AWESOME!
Below is a pic of my silk painting that was shot into the audience. And, I grabbed it! I almost didn't get it! I wanted the band to sign it, but my luck wasn't that good.

Originally Posted By: Patman
I'm no Apple fan, so I hang onto my CDs. At least with luxury cars (or any old man type vehicles), the last generation of audio hardware is always available.
wink.gif

I can't even play CDs in my Corvette, but it has multiple USB ports and you can either keep your music on a memory stick or simply plug in your phone and Apple Car Play or Android Auto will allow you to access your music this way. I just can't go back to the old days of lugging around "books" full of CDs in my car anymore, this way is much easier
smile.gif

My 300ZX still has the factory cassette deck that works
laugh.gif

modest collection from my car 6 cd charger; no Maiden this time, I need get them all back from our old house

Originally Posted By: miden851
Infinite Dreams; one of a kind

I can't post any videos. In the comments below them there are people using curse words and I don't need another vacation.

Just embed them, then no one can see the comments, and no breaking of the rules here, assuming the video is acceptable in the first place, of course.

Oh, is that what "EMBEDDING" a video means? See, you learn something new everyday. Thanks Garak!
thumbsup2.gif

I have a 16GB USB full of music and my stereo is set to randomize - This one came up in my car on my drive in today:

Needless to say, my drive perked up and I found myself upping the volume and singing along.

This entire album is fantastic.

... I also find it oddly entertaining that they have a line in this song "No brave new world.. no brave new world.." and yet, 14 years later, they come out with an album titled "Brave New World".

SirTanon: I was rocking out to the "Killers" album Saturday and the Powerslave album. Bruce Dickason is a rock legend in my eyes
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back