IRON MAIDEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: car51
Gotta admit growing up in the 80's I LOVED and LOVE IRON MAIDEN. Cool that Dickinson is a licensed pilot to boot.

That has potential. As a pilot, if the plane was crashing, instead of that predictable and boring "Ladies and gentlemen, please put your heads between your knees..." we could have Dickinson lead the passengers through an acapella version of "Hallowed Be Thy Name."

"Killers" was my favorite album.

Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
Finally a good music thread
smile.gif

Yes sir. IRON MAIDEN rocks
smile.gif

\m/

Now if only I could give you guys with actual good taste to listen to some good modern metal
smile.gif

\m/

Now if only I could give you guys with actual good taste to listen to some good modern metal
smile.gif

36.gif

My first Iron Maiden album was Piece of Mind.

This is what I think of every time somebody misspells "peace of mind" on the Internet:

Originally Posted By: Tony10s
Originally Posted By: 02SE
I saw them in concert several times (and lots of other great bands) in the 80's-90's. Fortunately I was a Motorcyclist back then, and had learned the value of earplugs while riding, so I always wore them at concerts, too. This reduced the SPL to a still moderately loud but non-damaging level.

I saw Iron Maiden in concert (along with Anthrax) in 1991 in Charleston, WV. I was a teenager then ... I went to the concert with two friends, one of them being one of the biggest metal fans I've ever known.

Dang............You sir are OLD, but I'm probably OLDER!

KMET SUMMER STRUT ANAHEIM STADIUM JULY 17, 1982. FOREIGNER, LOVERBOY, SCORPIONS, IRON MAIDEN.

My cousin and I slept in the back of my truck after drinking a case of beer, woke up and washed out our mouths with, yup, more beer. Then off we went into Angels stadium. Great day, great show, cept maybe for lover boy! Scorpions really rocked too!

Iron Maiden Seventh son of a Seventh Son that was a concert I'll never forget friend and I are some huge old school fans.

I'm 40, grew up listening to 80's hair bands, GnR, then the metal/grunge stuff of the 90s, Metallica, along with some oldies & classic rock type stuff but for whatever reason didn't get into Maiden until about 10 years ago. Glad I did though, been to their last 4 shows here and hope they have another tour or two in them. There's something special about their earlier music but each of their later albums have some excellent stuff as well and I like how they alternate what they focus on from tour to tour.

jeff

smile.gif

smile.gif

\m/

smile.gif

I got to liking them from liking Dream Theater.

I spent the 80's in my teens. I've seen Maiden at least 2 per decade since then. They are still an amazing band and I'm always in awe of just how well Dickinsons voice still holds up. Bruce is still a giant bundle of energy, sings amazing, and effectively runs a marathon at the same time. I can't wait to see them again.

Aces High gave me goosebumps the very first time I heard it, and it still does over 30 years later.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I was fortunate enough to attend their local concert here in about 1984, I believe it was.

I also saw them in 1984! It was my second ever concert (first was Judas Priest, also in 1984) I still listen to Iron Maiden, although I don't really listen to anything after Powerslave, I prefer their early stuff.

Originally Posted By: jhellwig

I got to liking them from liking Dream Theater.

Hey! Good progressive metal band.

I still consider Mike Portnoy one of the greatest drummer of all time!

smile.gif

smile.gif

\m/

smile.gif

I love the modern metal that we have now as well!

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
I love the modern metal that we have now as well!

Right on? Which bands? I'm always looking to diversify!

Originally Posted By: KneeGrinder
KMET SUMMER STRUT ANAHEIM STADIUM JULY 17, 1982. FOREIGNER, LOVERBOY, SCORPIONS, IRON MAIDEN.
My cousin and I slept in the back of my truck after drinking a case of beer, woke up and washed out our mouths with, yup, more beer. Then off we went into Angels stadium. Great day, great show, cept maybe for lover boy! Scorpions really rocked too!

I really like Scorpions too!

I watch them twice;
and Scorpions once too

HM made in Germany pleases my ears the best
grin.gif

to me their best is "Somewhere in Time"

Worth to mention Saxon as well!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Patman
I also saw them in 1984! It was my second ever concert (first was Judas Priest, also in 1984) I still listen to Iron Maiden, although I don't really listen to anything after Powerslave, I prefer their early stuff.

I still have a fairly varied selection of metal CDs around, with a fair bit of Priest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back