*Investors Blog*

Residential is still booming anyplace I want to be/buy.

Can’t say SF is one of them.
It's CRAZY in the Coastal Carolina's... they sell as fast as they build them. Its insane *LOL*
We are in the top ten fastest growing counties in the USA. Which tells me people still want to "escape" the other areas.

It's been a standing joke. I don't know if it's intentional, or a methodology problem, but initial job reports have been proven to be wildly inaccurate for some time now.

Anything to make someone look good….. :censored:

Completely ignore all the negative leading economic indicators, inflation, job losses, etc…

Last edited:

It's been a standing joke. I don't know if it's intentional, or a methodology problem, but initial job reports have been proven to be wildly inaccurate for some time now.
Just like the weather ............ It's probably not easy to report it with 100% accuracy ...... there's just to many variables

Its a survey - well 2 actually. Call it what you want - there methodology is wrong. The numbers are constantly being revised lower. Only like 1/3 of those surveyed respond.

At some point the employers must report to their state how many people they have employed. There is good data out there from analysts that compile state data showing that Q3 last year, which showed per the survey's - job growth of around 600K for the quarter, was actually negative. Of course the issue is that by the time the data is actually verified its 9 months old.

Just like the retail sales survey keeps looking great, but actual state sales tax amounts are dropping.

Everyone thinks this data is all gospel, but its highly massaged, and way, way late. I agree with @Dave Hess - there are much better leading indicators.

However I still contend we probably won't get a technical recession with them printing $2T a year. Still doesn't mean things are good.

Look at the layoffs this year in Tech.

These were very good paying jobs….. not low paid part-time burrito makers at Chipotle.

Tech is cyclical; it's brutal. Lotta tears when good people are let go.
Layoffs are used for housecleaning and/or political reasons. Part of the game.

rate_cuts_01.gif

Reactions: 4WD
I don't follow consumer stocks much, but am thinking of buying some SBUX. Taken to the wood shed due to poor sales in China. I think in a few years there will be no sales for anyone in China, but the zoomers aren't giving up there $8 coffee. Its the new Coca-Cola? 3% dividend, PE of 20.

Thoughts?

I don't follow consumer stocks much, but am thinking of buying some SBUX. Taken to the wood shed due to poor sales in China. I think in a few years there will be no sales for anyone in China, but the zoomers aren't giving up there $8 coffee. Its the new Coca-Cola? 3% dividend, PE of 20.

Thoughts?
I get your point and you maybe right. IN fact it's a great way to make money with beaten down stocks. Retail scares me even more and I have a mental issue with trying to catch falling knives unless I can see in their history that they rebound.

It's why I hesitate to look into Plug Power but I might think about it if I look into it some more. Than again, maybe StarBucks is safer *LOL* Because PlugPower looks pretty sick *LOL*

Thoughts?
Possibly so, but I could also see where people ditch SBUX due to their pricing, as in SBUX is going to take a big hit when the next recession hits. Otherwise, yeah, they aren't going away.

Back