Installation planned...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an OilGuard #20 on my 4-banger (I love over-kill when it comes to oil). Had it removed before trading it in. I now have a GM 3800 that is off-warranty. The mechanic that did it to the 4-banger will call me with short notice and install it. Should I use plain dino the first while? Or synthetic? I have an ample stock of Redline as well as GC and A-RX. Current fill is GC with 12 oz A-RX and Schaeffer's Moly, in for 4 months or so.
It may also be that due to bangings / rude dents on my oil pan, a certain place may drain my oil perhaps as little as 2 weeks prior to the installation of the by-pass. If so, does that mean that any old oil will be fine? Or should I drain the oil ASAP and run a second dose of A-RX for max cleaning before going to the bypass filter?
Advice is warmly appreciated. THANKS!

quote:

Originally posted by rob-the-oil-nut:
I had an OilGuard #20 on my 4-banger (I love over-kill when it comes to oil). Had it removed before trading it in. I now have a GM 3800 that is off-warranty. The mechanic that did it to the 4-banger will call me with short notice and install it. Should I use plain dino the first while? Or synthetic? I have an ample stock of Redline as well as GC and A-RX. Current fill is GC with 12 oz A-RX and Schaeffer's Moly, in for 4 months or so.
It may also be that due to bangings / rude dents on my oil pan, a certain place may drain my oil perhaps as little as 2 weeks prior to the installation of the by-pass. If so, does that mean that any old oil will be fine? Or should I drain the oil ASAP and run a second dose of A-RX for max cleaning before going to the bypass filter?
Advice is warmly appreciated. THANKS!

I would go ahead and switch over now. Most likely the AutoRX has cleaned up the mess already anyway. The Bypass filter will clean the engine anyway just check for sludge on the bottom of the filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back