Ingersoll Rand Impact Sockets

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife gave me a cordless impact wrench for my birthday ... so I had to purchase some impact rated sockets to go along with it. Found some Ingersoll Rand sockets from Amazon; they look amazing.

IMG_5498.jpg

IMG_5505.jpg

IMG_5503.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trav
Nice sockets! Do you use inch on your car and no metric?

I was looking for the free shipping deals on Amazon and at the time the SAE deep set was the only one. Since then I have ordered the 14 pc deep metric set and 13 pc standard SAE set, also with free shipping. Besides, the lug nuts on my Mustang are SAE 13/16".

US made?

I LOVE my IR cordless impact and have the flashlight that uses the same battery - very handy!

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
US made?

I LOVE my IR cordless impact and have the flashlight that uses the same battery - very handy!

Nope ... packaging says "Made in Taiwan ROC"

I'm curious how they'll hold up to tough use. I have an impact set where one of the sockets quickly cracked. Another set is in continuous use (and abuse) for the past 36 years.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
I'm curious how they'll hold up to tough use. I have an impact set where one of the sockets quickly cracked. Another set is in continuous use (and abuse) for the past 36 years.

I can't vouch for how long they'll last but I do know that Chrome-Moly steel alloys are pretty tough and that's what the IR sockets are made of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back