Indianapolis Motor Speedway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Indydriver
I love what Larson did to the 48 for blocking him.

Yep....J.J. shot himself in the foot on that one.

Prediction......We'll see a wreck every 5 laps until the end of the race. With 7 drivers left on the track. And the race will end at midnight.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: billt460
Announcer : "That's either fuel or oil causing that fire under the 78!".... Gee, ya' think?

I am convinced there are certain races where they know a lot of casual fans will be watching so they dumb down the broadcast a bit. Kinda like when you go to church on Christmas and Easter and the priest explains what is going on for all the CEO (Christmas and Easter Only) Catholics.

Last edited:
Think TRD given JGR big boost in power this weekend think something they been missing for awhile.

Originally Posted By: JasonC
Five minutes of watching this sorry excuse for a race is enough for me. Nascar is dying a slow death and it seems to have no desire to try to prevent it.

I agree and changed the channel.

20+ years ago I never missed a NASCAR race. Saw 10 minutes of this and turned on the Decades channel to watch old Mission Impossible episodes. Bring back real racing and I will come back. The empty seats seem to agree.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Prediction......We'll see a wreck every 5 laps until the end of the race. With 7 drivers left on the track. And the race will end at midnight.

Prophetic. Could also say,

Don't race with he 10.
Don't race with the 48.

Originally Posted By: sprite1741
20+ years ago I never missed a NASCAR race. Saw 10 minutes of this and turned on the Decades channel to watch old Mission Impossible episodes. Bring back real racing and I will come back. The empty seats seem to agree.

Yeah, it's gotten pretty pathetic. I can't believe they think this will, "improve" the sport. If they don't get rid of, "Stage Racing" and, "Competition Cautions", along with that whole stupid, "Restart Zone", NASCAR is finished. It very well may be even if they do. It seems they're have record cautions at most every race lately.

The end was a complete joke. The supposedly 40 best drivers can't manage a restart without tearing multiple cars up, multiple times!!!!

Originally Posted By: sprite1741
The empty seats seem to agree.

NASCAR had better smarten up here real quick. I can't believe attendance at the Brickyard 400, (One of it's premier races), has dropped from over 200,000 to under 75,000 in just a few short years. I know the economy isn't the best, and you can't blame NASCAR for that. But come on, it's not THAT bad to justify this. It seems every idiotic thing they try to "improve" the sport, only makes it worse.

Are they honestly dumb enough think people are going to pay top dollar, to sit in the stands, only to end up watching drivers in 200+ MPH cars, follow a pace car around the track for half of the afternoon...... Just so they can sell more television advertising time? Go back 20 years and you only saw a caution flag after a bad wreck. And the crews cleaned it up FAST, and got back to green flag racing in just minutes. Now it seems like they've got 20 guys out there in 10 trucks, F'ing around for what seems like forever. They're on borrowed time if they don't fix this.... And fix it FAST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back