Best Italian food in Indianapolis?

The wife and I are taking a long weekend in Indianapolis next month and I’d like to have a first class Italian dinner. All recommendations are appreciate!

They have a Carrabba's in the metro area. It's a chain restaurant, but I like Carrabba's.

The most famous Indianapolis restaurant I know of is St Elmo's in the downtown area, close to Monument Circle. But it's a steakhouse, not Italian.

If you want to take in Indy 500 memorabilia, The Union Jack Pub on the far west side has plenty of it, and serves good pizza besides.

Laria's gets amazing reviews is family owned and gets alot of mention. Lozzos and sangiovese also are highly recommended from online reviews.

Do a quick Google on best italian restaurants Indianapolis, and you will come up with four or more pages. Since we don't know where you will be in Indy, it is hard to make recommendations close by.

It's a shame that you're not asking about good Italian food in St Louis. There are several excellent second, third, fourth generation family-owned options there.
I second this opinion. In fact I ate at Pietros today, and had the Tudo Mare........unbelievable.

Back