I'm new in this forum

Yo vivía en Galicia por un año y pico. ¿Lo conoces?

Yes. As a matter of fact I have family in Pontevedra. I also purchased my car in Orense, It was owned by a little old man there.
How is it that u stayed in Galicia ?

Sorry bc I mistakenly tapped report to ur account , but affortunately nothing bad happened

Last edited:
I'm currently using Petronas 5000 XS 5w30 ACEA C3.
but my driving habits are going to change, since im gonna drive repetitive short distances in colder temperatures, so im planning on adjusting the OCI and choosing a better oil.

Your current Petronas 5000 XS 5w30 is a solid choice (MB 229.51 & BMW LL-04). I'd suggest to stick with it.

Greetings Saikou. Another welcome to you.

You mention "repetitive short distances". What do consider "short"?
Thanks
I drive 2'5 km to the workplace in the morning. Then i go back home for lunch 2'5 km. Then i go back to work after eating or maybe to go shopping or to get some grocery 2'5 km again... and finally I go back home to spend the rest of the day 2'5 km.

Lets say my hooptie is currently a daily commuter and a grocery getter.

If i dont take matters into my own hands engine is gonna end full of sludge and completely worn out

How is it that u stayed in Galicia ?
I was stationed at a small radio (loran) station at Estaca de Bares near Vivero. I have been to El Ferrol, La Coruna many times. Best time I ever had was at the Festival de San Fermin at Pamplona. I've spent time in Madrid and the beaches around Torremolinos.

Quiero algún día volver a España.

Your current Petronas 5000 XS 5w30 is a solid choice (MB 229.51 & BMW LL-04). I'd suggest to stick with it.
As a matter of fact Im very satisfyied with petronas, but as it is a mid-saps oil and im looking for the benefits of a full-saps type oil Im looking for alternatives like Mannol Formula JP 5w30, which is especifically formulated for asian cars (at least in the jug is written that)

Im just dubious about that bc it also says that it contains Ester and being significantly cheaper as it is I highly doubt it

Last edited:
As a matter of fact Im very satisfyied with petronas, but as it is a mid-saps oil and im looking for the benefits of a full-saps type oil Im looking for alternatives like Mannol Formula JP 5w30, which is especifically formulated for asian cars (at least in the jug is written that)

Im just dubious about that bc it also says that it contains Ester and being significantly cheaper as it is I highly doubt it

Only thing that happened when i changed from 0w30 total quarts to mannol legend w.ester 0w-30 was diesel consumption drop from 4.9ltr down to 4.4 ltrs Most likely driving habits or seasonal change on my toyota corolla D-4D. It´s used to go the same route every day to work.
At least it did not get worse in any way.

I buy mostly unholy oil for my cars . (mannol,fanfaro and pemco) SCT lubricants. And make oil changes around 4k miles / ~6000km.
Not to prove any point but the store selling the "crap" oil has superior service here in Iceland, compared to the merchants selling 3x more expensive oil.

My current fleet is Suzuki 1.3 petrol swift, Toyota corolla 1.4 D-4D and my BMW 330 petrol
I have not skimped on the filter, and use Bosch.

Back