I'm new in this forum

Hi, i'm a brand new member posting in this forum.

I'm writing this as i'm not sure if introducing myself is required or not before participating in posts

I apologize in advance if im doing something wrong, as I do for my bad english too
It's never bad form to introduce yourself.

I'm not on the Welcoming Committe but, WELCOME!
Without posting anything personal, you could tell us what your interest in this board's focus is.

I stumbled upon this board whilst seeking info regarding synthetic power steering fluid.....or was it oil more suited to turbocharged engines.
There's a lot to know but we all agree that maintaining any machine is how you get your money's worth out of it.

If ever you post regarding a problem or question, just remember to describe your situation in some detail.

Always remember, "Clean is better than dirty"....except for 'in-service' air filters. There, "A dirty filter is a happy filter"...but not too dirty.
I came across this site while searching for info before flushing the cooling system of my car. I learnt about 2-eha (I had to discard a jug of AF that I had previously purchased containing that substance in order to avoid rubber degradation, and purchased OEM AF instead). I also discovered lots of info about oils... the only thing I miss in this forum is a sub-forum to share our vehicles and their upgrades, maintenance, etc.)

Welcome indeed!
Without telling us too much about yourself, tell us about your interests & interests in...vehicles, lubrications of all types, what vehicle(s) you drive including year(s), engines and what your plans or interests or what you want to learn for these vehicles and [not necessarily exactly where you live per say but the area of the city/country/world that you live in and the climate and your driving type/style as to get the best, most accurate advise & responses to your needs. And you don't have to mention everything all in one thread/post. Take your time and post your interests, concerns & subjects by category. ENJOY!
I drive a 2006 Hyundai Accent LC 1.3 SOHC.

I live in northern Spain in a mountainous area. The climate here ranges from minus zero degrees celsius in winter up to 25 degrees celsius in summer. Snow and rain is typical in this area specially when compared to the rest of the country.

Since I have moved here from the center of the country and I'm gonna drive repetitive short distances I have a lot to learn before the next oil change, adjust OCIs, choose the best oil, etc.

I'm a DIYer when it comes to do the maintenance of my car, and cars are my hobbie so I think Im gonna be happy reading posts here

What model Hyundai are you driving? And more importantly, what oil do you use.
2006 Hyundai Accent LC 1.3 SOHC

I'm currently using Petronas 5000 XS 5w30 ACEA C3. It's a mid-saps oil, and I'm planning to switch to full saps ACEA A5/B5, but I'm dubious about the choice, this is why I'm gonna post about this question soon (I have to change the oil in september)

You'll learn to spell and FEEL (perhaps through others) what it's like to obsess.

If you're prone to jealously, don't read the posts by people who claim to buy oil for 12 cents a quart and then get rebate checks as well.

Ohh....to remain on the correct side of a true "crack in the Earth", do yourself a favor and eschew any OCI approaching 10,000 miles.
I use to change the oil every 6.000-6.500 miles or 1 year (10.000 km to be exact). But I only drove an average of 5.000 km per year and mostly at constant velocity rolling on freeway (my car has 73.000 km in the odometer).

but my driving habits are going to change, since im gonna drive repetitive short distances in colder temperatures, so im planning on adjusting the OCI and choosing a better oil. Im gonna talk about it soon in the correct sub-forum of this site

Welcome. BITOG is a great source of information and assistance. There are a large number of highly intelligent folks here, with a wide range of technical experience.

My main goal is going fast. To that end, I like my fast stuff (airplanes, motorcycles, performance cars, trucks) to be completely reliable through good lubricant and maintenance choices.

Do you have any specific interests here?

A tail camera view from FL510, 51,000 feet, onboard the company Gulfstream jet.

r9Z6h0l.jpg

Well, I never been to Spain
But I kinda like the music
Say the ladies are insane there
And they sure know how to use it
They don't abuse it
Never gonna lose it
I can't refuse it,
Ctsy: Three Dog Night

Last edited:
Welcome to BITOG!! Just recently, I bought a Varta battery (Walmart battery..Clarios/Johnson Controls who bought out Varta) that was made in Spain! Excellent quality! I know.. this is what I think of when I hear Spain.. :cool:
Glad to hear that! Sure enough, I currently have a varta battery in my car.

I use to change the oil every 6.000-6.500 miles or 1 year (10.000 km to be exact). But I only drove an average of 5.000 km per year and mostly at constant velocity rolling on freeway (my car has 73.000 km in the odometer).

but my driving habits are going to change, since im gonna drive repetitive short distances in colder temperatures, so im planning on adjusting the OCI and choosing a better oil. Im gonna talk about it soon in the correct sub-forum of this site

Greetings Saikou. Another welcome to you.

You mention "repetitive short distances". What do consider "short"?
Thanks

Back