Illegal fireworks bust

Glad to see our local Police on the job, hope they bury his A$$.
The Fireworks are not "illegal", they are "undocumented".

Yeah, you know, I think maybe without understanding legal fireworks in many states I can see how you may feel this way.

1. Legal fireworks are actually rated, they can not burn after hitting the ground, yes, they have a fire rating to prevent the fires you speak of. Though I guess like anything in life, the threat is greatly minimized but can not be ruled out due to a malfunction.

2. With Legal fireworks its very hard to blow you hands apart but again you are biased against fireworks and not government telling you what you can and can't do.
Respectfully, again, forget the old insurance argument too, we are a free people and far, far, far more people are hurt in everyday sports and activities that can be regarded as dangerous and the biggest greatest most expensive medical insurance cost to mankind is the poor eating habits of Americans and controlling their weight.
I hate bringing this up but respectfully (and I am sincere saying it) Insurance cost is always brought up when someone doesn't like an activity but just re-read my sentence about eating habits and nothing comes close on a scale of 100,000 to 1.
We see that argument when it comes to wearing a motorcycle helmets also, hey, lets pick on skydiving, mountain climbing, rock climbing, skiing, really now, these activities aren't even a tiny needle in a haystack vs how we eat.

3. So if you are going to start picking nd choosing "insurance pools" lets start with people who smoke, drink and weight more then they should because nothing else on planet earth increases insurance costs like that does. ;)
While I agree with your insurance cost drivers, you are arguing "2 wrongs make a right."
Excusing one problem because there is unrelated problem?

Of course I hate fireworks, so there's that.

I may have jammed 1700lb into my grandparents vista cruiser on summer vacation in 77.

As a kid I lived for fireworks, coveted them, hoarded them, traded them, and made them last for a year.
I saved all winter long and spring and early summer for the fireworks stand.

Ironically Acme fireworks was in my grandparents area in Valparaiso Indiana but we couldn't get our own product in state.
Illinois was totally dry.

It was the southern and Western states that had glorious fireworks wholesalers and stands - sure every now and then one went up but for the most part this was all standard stuff.

We made all sorts of scenarios with them, unrolling and savoring each individual firecracker from bricks and mini bricks.
We made twig boats and and blew them up floating dome the creek - made bottle rocket bazookas and attached stick infrastructure.
Mud structures, legos, tapes them to hot wheels cars and created " stunts" you name it firecrackers made it more fun.
all kinds of good clean harmless fun

Acme fireworks was in my grandparents area in Valparaiso Indiana but we couldn't get our own product in state.
They had one customer in the Arizona desert buying them all, even though they weren't very safe.

I may have jammed 1700lb into my grandparents vista cruiser on summer vacation in 77.

As a kid I lived for fireworks, coveted them, hoarded them, traded them, and made them last for a year.
I saved all winter long and spring and early summer for the fireworks stand.

Ironically Acme fireworks was in my grandparents area in Valparaiso Indiana but we couldn't get our own product in state.
Illinois was totally dry.

It was the southern and Western states that had glorious fireworks wholesalers and stands - sure every now and then one went up but for the most part this was all standard stuff.

We made all sorts of scenarios with them, unrolling and savoring each individual firecracker from bricks and mini bricks.
We made twig boats and and blew them up floating dome the creek - made bottle rocket bazookas and attached stick infrastructure.
Mud structures, legos, tapes them to hot wheels cars and created " stunts" you name it firecrackers made it more fun.
all kinds of good clean harmless fun
This. Loved setting them off as a kid… now that’s it’s my money it’s a little harder to justify 😅 But we did all the same stuff

Took these when I was 16

8E270251-946B-4D58-8EB0-BD48D06BF175.jpegEAA24665-D849-4C9B-802F-516EB64CE3B2.jpegBA5A7EAD-6349-43C5-A512-FEC066700BE5.jpeg18ACB488-0C86-41EC-8514-A1391960DDEA.jpeg

This. Loved setting them off as a kid… now that’s it’s my money it’s a little harder to justify 😅 But we did all the same stuff

Took these when I was 16

View attachment 102442View attachment 102443View attachment 102444View attachment 102445

My savings went in an 80/20 fashion 80% was spent on 1.5's firecrackers (typically thunder bomb and black cat) and gross packs of bottle rockets (with report).

These were the foundation of all good stashes.

The other 20% was spent usually on rocket based products, or " shells".

Everything else was expensive on a per bang basis. fancy rockets and box based stuff was for rich kids using their parents money.

Every now and then you could find a real M80 and or cherry bomb on an indian reservation - these were the real good stuff. getting these wrong could very well cost a finger or maybe a hand.

Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 7.31.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 7.31.30 PM.png

Last edited:
While I agree with your insurance cost drivers, you are arguing "2 wrongs make a right."
Excusing one problem because there is unrelated problem?

Of course I hate fireworks, so there's that.
But you are creating a problem that doesn’t exist to further an argument about fireworks.
Saying fireworks increase health insurance rates is honestly completely whacked out and cost not even measurable in the health care industry.

Its scary that some seek to limit freedoms by using health care costs as an excuse and in this case completely dishonest.

This is a known tactic by operatives selecting something to promote a agenda that is void of fact but plausible to the public while ignoring the true cost of something which would be in this case the food we eat and obesity in the USA.

One other thing just because an industry was created in this case health insurance, does not mean you have to give up being a free individual.

I mean really now, it’s ok to not like something like fireworks or skydiving, not wearing a motorcycle helmet, rock climbing, mountain climbing, football, baseball, hockey ect but don’t use the health insurance cost as a reason because it’s completely untrue.

Government says cost of obesity is 170 BILLION dollars a year, other groups say 270 Billion dollars a year and this isnt taking into account healthy weight people who eat junk food which I would guess would add up to another 100 BILLION a year (but void of fact ha ha) in health costs.

Last edited:
This is good and am grateful for the clarifications.
I do want to reject the moniker of being, "anti-fireworks". If that was the case, I'd be labeled as, "anti overweight" and "anti drunk driving".
The fact that some bozos destroy their bodies and some of them have insurance to fall back on bothers me.

In brief, indolent slobs should reap the benefits of their self-destructive actions.

A guy said here (in an unrelated thread) that he thought 'stupid should hurt' and I agree.

If someone blows his hand off or part there of, by his voluntary actions, it should be paid for out of his own pocket.....even if he has to use his other hand to get the money.

I'd think my take on these things would dovetail perfectly with the inflated, "I can do whatever I want" mindset.

I saw a guy light and release a pyrotechnic hot air balloon which drifted into the Autumn (as in DRY) forest. This bloke had burned his house down not 4 months before....granted, cheap extension cords used for heat lamps to incubate chicks was the cause but it does point to him being inept at the very least. You take some drunk drivers' licenses away, don't you?

But you are creating a problem that doesn’t exist to further an argument about fireworks.
Saying fireworks increase health insurance rates is honestly completely whacked out and cost not even measurable in the health care industry.
Perhaps I was not clear. I am simply saying that high health care costs from poor health choices is a poor excuse for criminal fireworks use.
If you choose to use illegal fireworks, please do it in a safe area, not my neighborhood. My brother used to go to a remote beach and shoot off fireworks and his shotgun, into the ocean. Illegal but at least safer.

Perhaps I was not clear. I am simply saying that high health care costs from poor health choices is a poor excuse for criminal fireworks use.
If you choose to use illegal fireworks, please do it in a safe area, not my neighborhood. My brother used to go to a remote beach and shoot off fireworks and his shotgun, into the ocean. Illegal but at least safer.
I was misunderstanding your post.
The illegal fireworks you speak of are illegal in your state, ok, I get it.
Its a state issue, in our state the fireworks we are discussing are legal, like in the news story are manufactured to standards and can be set off anyplace and as I said sold anyplace in SC, including Walmart, Same Club ect ect... I think Costco too.

Last edited:
Back