Illegal fireworks bust

Glad to see our local Police on the job, hope they bury his A$$.

Fireworks aren't manufactured here; they're imported.
We can't inspect what comes into this country?
We can't lean on guys like these for info and go upstream to higher dealers, warehouses and trucking companies?
You see cocaine on the street and cannot be eradicated right? What makes you think people care much more about fireworks and not cocaine?

Fireworks aren't manufactured here; they're imported.
We can't inspect what comes into this country?
We can't lean on guys like these for info and go upstream to higher dealers, warehouses and trucking companies?

Thats nonsense. We make all kinds fireworks in the US.

This is exactly the kind of stuff that doenst matter.

There are all kinds of hard jobs like De-arming known felons vs. low level stuff like this.

Hmmmm in California
... fireworks that families enjoy = illegal
Recreational Drugs = Legal

Go figure, something sounds backwards here.
Same in NJ. Although, there doesn't seem to be any shortage of fireworks in private hands here in NJ. Same as recreational drugs in your state, I imagine.

Same in NJ. Although, there doesn't seem to be any shortage of fireworks in private hands here in NJ. Same as recreational drugs in your state, I imagine.
I know NJ well, spent 40 years on Long Island, NY.
Yeah, kind of weird here in SC, land of the free but dont smoke pot, well at least they are slowly moving into the modern age. I dont think you will get the death penalty here for that anymore. ;)
However hard drug use is not tolerated and I am good with that, dont want the CA scene here for sure.

That stuff(in the image), it's what they sell on the WA. reservations, aka 'the good stuff'.
If you don't have that, you don't have a decent 4th of July. : (

I must clarify:
I understand fireworks aren't high up on the "bad things" list society has to deal with. I wasn't comparing enforcement against one over the other.
But if there is law enforcement involved, it makes sense to me that big truckloads of pyro are more easily traced back than packets of drugs.

I had no idea pyrotechnics were made here. I'd like to know what percentage of total production is done in the USA. I bet it's very low.

In my opinion, the cost of forest fires and related medical bills (as in insurance claims) is what will spur any enforcement.

As with a lot of stuff, you can blow your hands apart, just don't sheepishly look to insurance pools to pay your medical bills.

They are supposed to be illegal in unincorporated Santa Barbara County, as well as the City of Santa Barbara and Goleta because of the fire danger. This is the height of hte fire season and jack wagons will set off fireworks and cause forest fires. Also people set them off around my neighborhood, I leave near UCSB, all the time and I wake up thinking its gunshots constantly.

A lot of anything explosive stored in a vehicle or building is a big risk. That truck was on the street. Suppose there had been an accident or a fire? That's one reason the authorities get uptight about illicit fireworks.

Hmmmm in California
... fireworks that families enjoy = illegal
Recreational Drugs = Legal

Go figure, something sounds backwards here.
Wrong! They still sell legal fireworks here,just not the illegal ones that fire hundreds of feet into the air or contain very high explosive charges that you would see at the annual city shows. Oh and yes I take recreational/medical drugs. :ROFLMAO:

I'm glad that they took the time to investigate this terrible problem that america is facing.. Especially in Cali that's known for this serious issue. Hopefully this sends a strong message to those out there who desire to entertain their friends and family. Murder, rape, gang activity and violence, drugs, can all wait while we address this all to familiar issue.

Those who are basking in their freedom as they shoot fireworks off above a lake in some green, steamy part of the country might not understand just how dry much of the West is. I don't know if Porterville is quite as arid as Northern Nevada, but we're talking about a place where sparks from target shooting can start fires that burn down people's houses. Washoe Sheriff Warning

My grandfather was always grumbling that I was going to burn the haystacks up on our high plains farm. I did set a ditch on fire with one of those jumping frog things that were legal, where firecrackers and bottle rockets weren't. Considering the grass fires across Texas and the plains in the last few years, I got off lucky.

Google tells me that only MA bans all fireworks. Various types are legal in most states, but localities can have tighter laws than the state. Go figure, even sparklers are illegal in the county where I live now.

Back