IE11??

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible there's another setting. Like I said, I don't use IE at all, and being on Linux right now makes that a challenge, so I wouldn't even begin to know where to look. I kind of had the impression that IE couldn't be run as an administrator from years back, but it was worth a check.

So, no other sites are doing this? That's so odd. If it was trying to write a cookie to a privileged directory, which was my working hypothesis, that should apply to every site.

That settles it, then. Format your hard drive, put Linux on, and kick Windows where it hurts.
wink.gif

Right no other site has this issue, and what has me totally confused, I've used ie11 since I've been a member here the only thing that changed was I up graded to W10.

I would be lost on Linux lol, oh well worse case I'll just use Edge to log in tho a hassle needing to use two browsers until I can figure something out.

Personally, I'd recommend Firefox, but that's just me. I'd be in the same pickle you are if Firefox suddenly stopped working and I had to move away from that browser (and its predecessors) after successfully avoiding IE and other browsers for twenty years.

In Firefox, I'd know where to look, but in IE, it's trouble. Is there something in there that may have a site specific setting that's preventing BITOG from leaving a cookie, or limiting the persistence of the cookie for this site only? Are you running Adblock or anything and happen to have a wonky setting that's being overly protective of privacy for this site, by mistake?

I have the issue at work that uses IE11. Just started about a month ago not allowing me log in.
No idea why, but no posting to BITOG while at work anymore.
frown.gif

I can still read it though

Does IE11 even support all the latest standards? Probably worth moving to something more modern unless it is a work required thing.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
I have the issue at work that uses IE11. Just started about a month ago not allowing me log in.
frown.gif

Does it do the same for you just sends you in a loop of signing in then showing your not?

Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: blupupher
frown.gif

Does it do the same for you just sends you in a loop of signing in then showing your not?

Yup.
I have no control over it at work, it is locked down.

IE 11/Windows 10 at home works fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back