Idle to cool down, isn't full throtno load better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: funflyer
Originally Posted By: spasm3
You waited 10 minutes? I'd want to know the temp at wide open right after a load , then immediately idle down and check temps for the next minute.

Initial temps were taken right after cutting at WOT then the throttle was reduced for the ten minutes before taking the final temp reading. I chose ten minutes because temps stabilized around the six to eight minute mark.

I get that, but i'm thinking that after running under load then going to idle, that the temp will rise even higher with reduced fan flow before falling due to less fuel being burned. I have not doubt it will be lower 10 minutes later, but i'm curious about what the temps are right after being under load then going to idle.

You waited 10 minutes? I'd want to know the temp at wide open right after a load , then immediately idle down and check temps for the next minute.

Initial temps were taken right after cutting at WOT then the throttle was reduced for the ten minutes before taking the final temp reading. I chose ten minutes because temps stabilized around the six to eight minute mark.

I get that, but i'm thinking that after running under load then going to idle, that the temp will rise even higher with reduced fan flow before falling due to less fuel being burned. I have not doubt it will be lower 10 minutes later, but i'm curious about what the temps are right after being under load then going to idle.

Okay, I understand what you're asking now. There was no significant rise in temp initially, just a degree or two on the case itself for the first 20 to 30 seconds, then a slow drop in temp after that. Oil temps, I did not check but twice, once initially and then again at the ten minute mark.

Okay, I understand what you're asking now. There was no significant rise in temp initially, just a degree or two on the case itself for the first 20 to 30 seconds, then a slow drop in temp after that. Oil temps, I did not check but twice, once initially and then again at the ten minute mark.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back