I cant find a golf sport wagen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read a thread here about a couple guys with new vw golf sport wagens and it really got me interested. Problem is that I can't find one with a manual transmission anywhere. My dealer has 3 and their all automatics. I've tried carmax and Autotrader but I'm not coming up with anything. Tried vw's website car builder also. Anyone know some kind of secret Internet ju-jitsu to help me find one? I really don't want a automatic. Hasn't vw had problems with the auto trannys anyways? Thanks for any help.

Just keep searching. Im pretty sure VW autos are Aisin units, and should be pretty reliable.

Hit the vwvortex and see if the ask a vw salesman thread is still going...

FWIW the Alltrack is supposed to be available in manual soon and will be a 6speed vs a 5 speed I believe...

If a dealer has allocation they can order you one and if they have an order in that has not gone too far along they can edit it.

Just contact the dealer and have them find you one. Shouldn't take more than a day or two to get it to you if you're a serious buyer.

Dealer trades are fairly common. We usually did 2 or 3 a week.

Perhaps it's because you're searching for a VW wagen instead of a VW wagon?

I've had excellent luck with motivated dealerships finding me the car/truck/SUV that I wanted. Provided the manufacturer makes one they've always found or ordered me one.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
There's 187 available now in the US that fit your criteria. 2015+, new, manual, Golf wagon etc.

Link

All of these appear to be TDI. Has the stop sale order been lifted on these?

Just order one. We ordered our VW rabbit so we got it exactly as we wanted with the items we desired (including mt), and none of the stupid stuff we didn't. Came pretty quick, 6 or 8 weeks frommGermany, as I recall.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Just order one. We ordered our VW rabbit so we got it exactly as we wanted with the items we desired (including mt), and none of the stupid stuff we didn't. Came pretty quick, 6 or 8 weeks frommGermany, as I recall.

+1

i'm in Utah, closest one was California, so i called a few dealers down there that had one until i had one ready to sell it over the phone. They mailed a contract, i signed and returned it, and i had an auto transporter deliver it right to my business.

The dealer gave me a great deal for the time, Nov 2015, and the shipping was cheap.

Silverado12: I do believe it is a dual mass flywheel, and reports of people being aggressive with tuning, sticky tires, hard driving, ect show the stock clutch to be weak. It should hold up just fine on a stock car but if you want to flash that extra 70-80hp out of it you will want an upgrade.

This wagon has done so much for me. I don't need to get my truck unless its stuff i need a forklift to load. The Golf is a lot of vehicle for a very modest price.

The only thing i don't like about this ride is that it cost money and i still have some payments left. Couldn't they have given me a free one for my honest reviews? Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back