I Am SO Excited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Y. U. C. K.

+1.

Perhaps if living in the boonies with no good eating options, this would be OK. With the food options available where the OP lives, it would be the last place I'd ever consider going to eat.

CB is horrible. It's funny that most yanks think CB is representative of Southern food. Bless their heart. CB makes me think of this pic I took at Publix.

Last edited:
NYEngineer:

I know that area well. Used to live very close by. I’m about 30 min east of there now.

Lots of new commercial building going on over there (Commack Rd/Crooked Hill Rd.) the past few years.

I’ll keep my eyes opened for it. It’ll be good for a change of scenery once in a while.
Thanks!

Oh... Don't get me wrong, I LOVE good southern food and I am a HUGE fan of cajun food. I know Cracker Barrel is really neither but I do like the catfish sandwich, the green beans, the raspberry lemonade and the grits.
I only get to go there when we drive to Florida annually. It will be nice to sneak in a trip here or there after a big mountain bike ride. I don't eat McDonald's or most other fast foods. It's just nice to have options.

We never go to Cracker Barrel locally, but they are a good option on a road trip.
Decent sit-down dining at drive-through prices.
If you're planning a road trip, there are many other more interesting options if you are willing to make some two-lane detours.
Think of the Sterns and their many emulators. It's not as though it's hard to plan some food stops at local places with the magic font of information now at our fingertips.

Glad I returned to this thread. I didn't know CB was in the business of feigning Southern cuisine.

I've seen the billboards on highways and figured it was a so-so restaurant for the masses....possibly featuring early bird specials for the senior set or those on tight budgets. There's nothing wrong with any of that.

Years ago I followed a billboard's suggestion and exited to get dinner at one. The place had a line out the door so I opted for something else.

Is it fair to equate CB with a trip to Red Robin.....adjusting for cuisine?

Flavorless food in a sticky setting which smells like ketchup is something I do not want.
I'll walk into one but reserve the right to do a 180.

This is just another example of something I can put off indefinitely. I do want to try a burger at a recently opened Red Robin really close to me.

Just to indicate how hep I am to the industry I understand that lots of food has to be flavorless so Granny & Grampy don't get heartburn.
God help us all.

On Long Island we have Red Robin, TGI Fridays, Applebee's... Those restaurants are all EXACTLY the same IMO.
At least this is something else for a change.

I have my whole collection of small mom and pop places I frequent. None of the chain restaurants can compare but sometimes I want a Cracker Barrel catfish sandwich with a side of green beans and a raspberry lemonade... And a box of Moon Pies on the way out.

Actually, this thread reminded of the time we were driving to Florida and we were way ahead of schedule. We took an eighteen mile detour to Savanna and ate shrimp Po' Boys at a place called Loco's. Worth the trip. I try to do that sometimes if I can afford the time.
Since we never had Cracker Barrel on Long Island, it was a treat when we traveled. We were the same way with Chik Fil A. Now we have a few but we don't have it but once every two months or so. It stops becoming special then.

This was what my buddy sent me. He isn't the type of person to play games. I probably jumped the gun and got excited but who knows. I guess we'll see soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back