I-10 elevated freeway closed in LA due to fire

The estimate is that it will take 3-5 weeks to repair and put back in service. Caltrans checked core samples and found that the underlying structure is in good shape. I am a little bit disturbed that Governor Newsom mixed his highway naming conventions. He's from Marin County and around here everything would be "101/US-101" or "580/I-580". In Southern California it's "The 101" or "The 10". Somehow he turned it into "The I-10".

I dont see how you could put that back into service.. samples arent the whole structure and the whole structure was damaged??
Crazy. Probably spend more $$$ and more time NOT replacing it.

@tmorris1 you know you can multiquote in the same post right?

Last edited:

Repair going much faster than I expected.
That said, those supports look just as flammable as the pallets.

FWIW, I got a notification email from Cal-Fire yesterday. This BOGO was attached.

If it's a homeless dude, he's long disappeared into the ether. It's weird, there was a man outside the Del Taco that asked for some spare change. I'm cashless but I did order him a burrito. When I went back outside he was no where to be seen. They're all like this - POOF! I think they're phantasms.

Screenshot_20231119_140930_Gmail.jpg

FWIW, I got a notification email from Cal-Fire yesterday. This BOGO was attached.

If it's a homeless dude, he's long disappeared into the ether. It's weird, there was a man outside the Del Taco that asked for some spare change. I'm cashless but I did order him a burrito. When I went back outside he was no where to be seen. They're all like this - POOF! I think they're phantasms.

View attachment 189326

ever watched a show like First 48? they are either looking for a homeless witness or homeless suspect and its extra tough.. good luck..

ever watched a show like First 48? they are either looking for a homeless witness or homeless suspect and its extra tough.. good luck..
The LAHSA was all over the roped-off area the next day relocating the homeless and their possessions to housing. So they know the location of and could provide detectives with witnesses.

The LAHSA was all over the roped-off area the next day relocating the homeless and their possessions to housing. So they know the location of and could provide detectives with witnesses.
Maybe they should have been all over the area before they ruined a freeway overpass! Who couldn't see something like this coming?

Back