I-10 elevated freeway closed in LA due to fire

If it ain't storage it's a homeless encampment.
1699810109214.jpg

Wasn't there another freeway that had to be closed due to a fire underneath a few years ago? Was it in Georgia?
In June of this year there was a massive fire cause by a gasoline tanker that crashed under I-95 in Philadelphia causing the bridge to collapse.

Wasn't there another freeway that had to be closed due to a fire underneath a few years ago? Was it in Georgia?
Yes, it was in Atlanta back in 2018(ish). I remember because I was working with a bunch of guys who had moved from Atlanta recently and they were all saying how much that particular freeway being closed would completely foul up traffic in that city

It was homeless that caught the pallets on fire. MSM tries to push a narrative to suppress reality.
A local independent, AXN News, caught it Friday night:

There’s lots of concrete pops in the video. Dog rescue. Pigeons rescue. This is a crazy busy elevated highway connecting good paying jobs with more affordable housing.

The LA mayor said to stay home and avoid travelling/commuting. Thanks Mrs. Mayor, I don't live near LA but I will take your advice and work from home today 😀

The concept of an elevated freeway is that they don't have to condemn a big swath of land to build the road, as normal "surface" activities can continue underneath.

These activities should not include piling up a large amount of flammable material. Its inexcusable for a 6 block section of any modern city to burn from a fire started at a single point by accident.

It was repaired in record time. Quite an accomplishment.
Unlike what happened in Philadelphia, it doesn't look like the powers-that-be are going to be in any big hurry to fix this, even though this section of I-10 has over double the traffic that I-95 has in Philly. Time will tell.
The homeless starting fires isn't anything unusual. We had a similar thing happen under US 183 in Austin in 2020. The homeless had built a small city under there, all the comforts of home except for AC. Fortunately the Austin FD got the fire under control quickly enough that there wasn't any structural damage.

In 2011 someone slammed a gasoline tanker into the Paramount Boulevard bridge in Montebello (I-60). Took about 6 months to repair.
I’m thinking if it takes longer than 6 months it’ll be because of .

Unlike what happened in Philadelphia, it doesn't look like the powers-that-be are going to be in any big hurry to fix this, even though this section of I-10 has over double the traffic that I-95 has in Philly. Time will tell.
The homeless starting fires isn't anything unusual. We had a similar thing happen under US 183 in Austin in 2020. The homeless had built a small city under there, all the comforts of home except for AC. Fortunately the Austin FD got the fire under control quickly enough that there wasn't any structural damage.
Weird

Here they steal grocery carts and firelogs/firewood from the grocery store and set them on fire in the winter.
Sometimes they throw the firelogs through the glass doors of the store. :oops: But that is rare.

The mayors instant denyal that it was homeless starting the fire was laughable.
uh who had motive and opportunity here? While it would be premature to accuse the homeless. its also premature to rule them out.

In 2011 someone slammed a gasoline tanker into the Paramount Boulevard bridge in Montebello (I-60). Took about 6 months to repair.
I’m thinking if it takes longer than 6 months it’ll be because of .
Incompetence?

Back