HYUNDAI recalls 13,511 vehicles : Elantra , Kona

Yeah, Ford is the worst. By a long shot. Had like 7 on my Ford Escape before it even hit 10K. On the Ford Fusion (disaster of a car) probably had 5 before 10K.

Fleet vehicles, no way I would ever buy a Ford.

Until the newer engines show some reliability, won't buy a Hyundai again either.

These recall things always annoy me. Hyundai (or whatever brand it is) always ends up getting totally slated for being bad quality, yet almost always it's a supplier part quality issue that's caused the problem.
The ten speed automatic is Ford's problem. It's in the design and certainly software.

Still would consider the hybrid . The prices are going down , but stock is little on the lots .

Yeah, Ford is the worst. By a long shot. Had like 7 on my Ford Escape before it even hit 10K. On the Ford Fusion (disaster of a car) probably had 5 before 10K.

Fleet vehicles, no way I would ever buy a Ford.

Until the newer engines show some reliability, won't buy a Hyundai again either.
I believe you are mistaken on the newer engine reliability or may be stuck on the Theta II from 10-15 years ago. The 2.0L Nu in my 2018 Elantra has been great for its entire 75K life thus far. The 2.4L 4-cylinder in my wife's 2020 Santa Fe has been problem-free thus far for 55K miles, as well. Both are fuel efficient and don't use/burn any oil.

Last edited:
I believe you are mistaken on the newer engine reliability or may be stuck on the Theta II from 10-15 years ago. The 2.0L Nu in my 2018 Elantra has been great for its entire 75K life thus far. The 2.4L 4-cylinder in my wife's 2020 Santa Fe has been problem-free thus far for 55K miles, as well. Both are fuel efficient and don't use/burn any oil.
Good for you!

Had a 2012 Santa Fe. No issues. Son has a 2019’Santa Fe at 45K. So far, so good.

I’m not mistaken. I have posted several times on our 2014 Kia Rio. Meticulously maintained. Burns oil like crazy.

2019 Tucson with the 2.0L Nu. Bought it used at 33K. Needed something for my wife after my son totaled her car. It was during COVID and cars were hard to get. Dealer serviced. Every oil change. Burned nearly a quart per OCI. Ditched the car at 45 K.

I was referring to the newer Smart stream engines. Too new to tell so far.

Plenty of articles written about Hyundai engine issues. Not sure why you would think I’m mistaken.

Back