Hyundai OEM Filter New Part # Change (26300-35504)

I don't understand why anyone would go through the trouble of counterfeiting oil filters lol. These are not $900 coach purses.I just about think Hyundai made the fake one.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KD0AXS

I bought the Auto 7 brand from Rock Auto and this is what I got:

That's weird. I bought an Auto 7 filter through Rock Auto for my Genesis Coupe and it literally was the OEM Hyundai filter with OEM box.

Originally Posted By: maximus
I don't understand why anyone would go through the trouble of counterfeiting oil filters lol. These are not $900 coach purses.I just about think Hyundai made the fake one.

It would shock you. I've had examples at work of Chinese counterfeits of $0.20 name brand transistors.

FIgured I would just update this thread instead of creating a new one. It looks like the OEM filter has undergone another quiet Part Number change.

26300-35504 has now been superseded by 26300-35505. Everything looks the same with the filter, but the part number has been updated.

Just a note. Not sure about the "Auto 7" brand, but the "Premium Guard" oil filters from Rock Auto are the same OEM filter. I compared them side by side and even had the Hyundai Part numbers on them, and both are made in Korea. I was able to get the Premium Guard filter for $3.50 each. Not being cheap, but they are the same filter for less money. I would show pics of both, but just changed oil in 2 Hyundai vehicles in the family and used up my last 2. Didn't think to put pictures up since I read this thread after the fact.

Also, of note. People don't like using aftermarket filters on Hyundai's because of lifter tick issues. I have found no matter what filter I use the lifter tick is there with or without the OEM filter. Hyundai's in general have noisy, raspy rough idling 4 cylinder engines as standard equip. They last a long time, all of ours have well over 100k miles, but they are not the quietest or smoothest 4 bangers out there.

Originally Posted by Jeffs2006EvoIX
People don't like using aftermarket filters on Hyundai's because of lifter tick issues. I have found no matter what filter I use the lifter tick is there with or without the OEM filter. Hyundai's in general have noisy, raspy rough idling 4 cylinder engines as standard equip. They last a long time, all of ours have well over 100k miles, but they are not the quietest or smoothest 4 bangers out there.

My 2.0t on the Genesis Coupe definitely ticks loud! Can't hear it from the inside though. This is 100% normal right? How are certain filters supposed to help with the noise? I've been using the OE filter since new.

Originally Posted by nobb
Originally Posted by Jeffs2006EvoIX
People don't like using aftermarket filters on Hyundai's because of lifter tick issues. I have found no matter what filter I use the lifter tick is there with or without the OEM filter. Hyundai's in general have noisy, raspy rough idling 4 cylinder engines as standard equip. They last a long time, all of ours have well over 100k miles, but they are not the quietest or smoothest 4 bangers out there.

My 2.0t on the Genesis Coupe definitely ticks loud! Can't hear it from the inside though. This is 100% normal right? How are certain filters supposed to help with the noise? I've been using the OE filter since new.

FYI, many people mistake the sound of the high pressure fuel pump on Hyundai's for "lifter tick"--that pump makes a very significant "tick", much louder than any lifter noise would be.

Not sure why the P/N change this time, but I remember the only change between the xxx2 and xxx3 was the printing on the can (it now included Hyundai and Kia logos, before that it did not).
the change from xxx1 to xxx2 was a silicone ADV was added with xxx2.

Originally Posted by dubber09
I simply switched to Mann W811/80 filters.

Why?
That filter is 3x the cost of an OEM Hyundai filter.

Originally Posted by blupupher
Not sure why the P/N change this time, but I remember the only change between the xxx2 and xxx3 was the printing on the can (it now included Hyundai and Kia logos, before that it did not).
the change from xxx1 to xxx2 was a silicone ADV was added with xxx2.

Originally Posted by dubber09
I simply switched to Mann W811/80 filters.

Why?
That filter is 3x the cost of an OEM Hyundai filter.

'Cos they are same filter and I got them cheaper than OEM filters. There are no fakes with that filter AFAIK as well.
RockAuto sells them.

Back