Human Micro Chip Implants are Here and in Use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/25/technology/microchips-wisconsin-company-employees.html

So far, it's optional.

Chip implants are not for me. You don't get to implant a foreign object in my body just because you employ me. Will chipped employees be treated better? "All employees are equal... but some are more equal than others." How long before it becomes a condition of employment instead of optional?

The article did say you could wear a ring on your hand that has the chip in it instead of a bloody insertion.

What's next? QR code tattoos on our foreheads (ha-ha) or maybe the top of our hand?
220px-QR_code_for_mobile_English_Wikipedia.svg.png

The drug test is also "optional" too. If you are looking for a regular job, you will "voluntarily" submit to it. On the other hand, if you want to become US Congressman or US Senator or US President or US Supreme Court Justice, there no drug test for those kind of jobs. And absolutely *anybody* can apply and get those jobs. No qualifications are necessary for those jobs.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
The drug test is also "optional" too. If you are looking for a regular job, you will "voluntarily" submit to it. On the other hand, if you want to become US Congressman or US Senator or US President or US Supreme Court Justice, there no drug test for those kind of jobs. And absolutely *anybody* can apply and get those jobs. No qualifications are necessary for those jobs.

Four of the eight candidates running for Mayor of Detroit are felons.
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/lo...ions/104244406/

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: Garak
There's convenience, sure, but what happens when this interface becomes obsolete in like two years?

Plug the USB cord into your fillings to download the new software?
cool.gif

Yep, we can't hang onto a cell phone for more than a year and card security is always changing, too. I don't have a real objection to becoming a Borg. After all, many people wear glasses, contacts, hearing aids, get hearing implants, dentures, you name it. But, I don't need an implant to replace a frigging key or a photocopy pass card, particularly with something that will be obsolete and/or compromised very quickly, and for a basic job.

Give me new lenses if I have cataracts, I've got something. Being able to activate a photocopier in a job I hate is hardly innovative.

Originally Posted By: MobilinHyundia
The MARK OF THE BEAST! Nobody can buy food or anything without it.

This is exactly what I thought when I first heard about this implant implementation and I'm in no way a religious person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back