HPL oil change

Oil is a hobby for most here. Even a boutique oil change cost is low compared to what many would/do spend on other interests.
This is a fantastic point! And when you break it down that way it makes me wonder why I’m not using a boutique oil. I’ll spend hundreds on bottles of bourbon that I’ll never open (for some reason I’ve taken to collecting them)...and when you think about it, it’s a waste of money. At least good oil would actually be doing something. I spend enough time reading/writing about oil topics, why not buy the best oil? I drive a ton, I extend my intervals past 5,000 miles, I keep my cars to pretty high mileage. I’m a perfect candidate to buy the best oil, yet I don’t. Perhaps I will.

This is a fantastic point! And when you break it down that way it makes me wonder why I’m not using a boutique oil. I’ll spend hundreds on bottles of bourbon that I’ll never open (for some reason I’ve taken to collecting them)...and when you think about it, it’s a waste of money. At least good oil would actually be doing something. I spend enough time reading/writing about oil topics, why not buy the best oil? I drive a ton, I extend my intervals past 5,000 miles, I keep my cars to pretty high mileage. I’m a perfect candidate to buy the best oil, yet I don’t. Perhaps I will.

Good point!

#BITOG15 😉

www.advlubrication.com

Couldn’t help it 🤣

A perfect oil change! Haters and losers will say it cost too much.
It’s certainly pricey, but in my case its a wash. For the past 6-1/2 years I’ve been running Red Line and then switched over to Maxima. I’ve been precondition to pay about the same for HPL. Only caveat is that there’s no free shipping. While that does tip the scale a tad, it’s not going to stop me. 🚦

Last edited:
Telling other people that they spent too much of their own money on something that’s justifiably worth the cost is something that haters and losers do. It’s a presumption that everyone should conform to their personal cost/value balance, either because they feel nobody should be better off than them financially or because they feel they’re smarter than other people.
Economics of PM is an important subject here … I don’t see that with HPL - too many attack those who question the economics … and then the Moderators will jump in - so many just avoid it …
(PM’s confirm) …

Look at my signature vehicles - warranty, GDI, past use of premium lubes, current inventory of lubes - just not the right time for me …
Thats not hate and by most measures - not a loser …
I wasn’t pointing any fingers, especially at you. Was a 100% generalization. Apologies if you thought this was specific. 👍🏻

I wasn’t pointing any fingers, especially at you. Was a 100% generalization. Apologies if you thought this was specific. 👍🏻
I understood that - and most here understand that HPL is good stuff - but for now the OEM stamp matters to me … can’t make long runs - eventually the Jeep could …
Heck, my highest mileage is just 80k - and 80% of the oil in that motor was Mobil 1 AP 0W20 - perhaps the best M1 in recent years … OLM or less …
I do see some short HPL runs here - and after what Wayne has done I would think some need to push the runs longer if fuel dilution is not severe

Last edited:
knock off the personal taunts or there will be consequences.
stay on topic.
i've had to delete a dozen posts; any more and this gets locked.

Back