How to remove window vent shade things?

These,

IMG_2183.JPG

I used a heat gun to heat the area where the double stick tape is, it still leaves most of the tape on the car. Now my fingers will be raw from rubbing the tape residue off. And no, you can't use a rubber eraser wheel.

Goo Gone, but test in an inconspicuous area first since the adhesive is on plastic/rubber trim.

Try letting the stuck on stuff soak for a while in a mild solvent, like WD-40 or kerosene. Use gloves and a cloth to protect your fingers.

Black plastic facing sun over it. let sit about 30 minutes. Use a thin flexible plastic putty knife. Maybe some dental floss like many do when removing other emblems.

Heat and rubbing alcohol; if you can get 99% alcohol, that'll be great. I redo my shades once or twice a year. If you have left over residue, the only way I've been able to get that off is rubbing and alcohol.

Last edited:
I got the back two off along with some of my finger prints. Rubber gloves didn't do much. You basically have to rub the foam tape off, no solvent will dissolve that. Any residue came off with wax and grease remover.

Back