How Tesla Thinks "Outside Of The Box" When It Comes To Final Assembly Methods.

It looks like they have tried to fix the issue with a steel plate and some riv nuts. The way it was built previously was much better, so there is some cost cutting going on where there should probably be none. Check out 3:15 and 4:30.

Let’s not forget that conventional cars were produced inexpensively for a century. Often with ever improving quality, stiffness and safety.

But I will admit, that’s pretty epic. The idea that castings must be brittle and non repairable, is utterly incorrect

I wouldn't say modular "masterpiece ". Tesla repeatedly makes things disposable not repairable. look at the newer batteries in Austin. According to Munro the potting material makes it extremely difficult to repair so essentially if a few cells go bad the whole pack is junk.
I’d say the structural battery is a calculated risk. The vehicle lifespan is likely to be 15 or 17 years of normal use. Maybe a certain small percentage will fail within warranty. The rest of the risk is borne by the customer, and is 8 or 10 years down the road. Guessing the Batteries will be as used up as any lithium battery after 12 years. Which is when the majority of the decline starts With todays cells.

Back