How successful have you been buying and selling on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently sold 2 Hondas on Craigslist.

Got what I was asking for both cars. You have to be patient and price your ____ accordingly to market demand.

Guitar/amp stuff usually goes within a week or two (unless I back out LOL)
Furniture it depends...area rugs or light furniture goes within a week or two. Tables, NEVER! I don't think people change coffee tables often.
Only automotive thing I've sold were a set of wheels/tires off my Liberty, went within a week.

I sold a pickup truck that was over 15 years old. I started out below book value with no bites. I then researched the other older pickup trucks in my area that may have been in better shape with an asking price well below mine.

I adjusted the price to be competitive with the others being listed and had it sold not too long thereafter. The best way to determine market price is to compare with what else is out there. Forget any other ideas that you have of the right market price, it is worth what it is worth and that is all.

Good luck with your sales.

Price it right and it will generally go, assuming its actually stuff that people want. If you watch, you can see what similar items are selling for, and as a hint, it its sitting out there for weeks, its priced too high - and that's why it sits.

I've sold cars, car accessories and parts, bikes, car stereos, etc... Bought similar things. Never an issue.

Also had decent luck with Facebook Marketplaces. Letgo, not so much.

Quite successful last year. My first time. Sold about 15 items there and three other places (not ebay). Key is excellent photos, a good description and layout and hitting the right price point. Another key is it depends on what you're selling. People showed up, paid cash, no worries.

I try to sell on eBay for shippable items. Too many “no shows” and late people on Craigslist wasting my time.

I do like giving away old furniture for free though. I don’t have to dispose of it, and someone gets a great deal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back