How many posts here are AI-generated?

jaklafjewioiwejcmvcksduwqpjvln .speoiufpjv/F[or-2498r9fcic;ud0[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

Automated error message: Oh, sorry, I crashed. I need to reboot before I post again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, my friend, let's delve into the wild, thrilling, and sometimes mildly infuriating world of distinguishing a human from an AI in the forum jungle:
  1. Anecdote Anemia: These AI chaps have less personal life than a can of motor oil. If someone fails to dish out even a whiff of their own personal experiences, then you're likely dealing with an AI.
  2. Verbal Deja Vu: Be on the lookout for a parrot-like repetition of phrases or keywords. Remember, AI's linguistic creativity isn't exactly at Shakespearean levels.
  3. Grammar Gurus: These AI models have an irritating knack for producing flawless grammar and spelling. No hasty typos, no funky grammatical surprises – something suspiciously inhuman about that, right?
  4. Hot-Potato Players: AI would rather juggle a chainsaw than touch a controversial topic. If someone perpetually sidesteps sensitive issues, they might be more silicon than flesh and blood.
  5. Masters of Evasion: If the answers are as vague as my understanding of the popularity of reality TV, it's probably AI. They sometimes stumble with context-specific or subjective questions.
  6. Emotionally Challenged: AI doesn't know feelings. They might babble about emotions, but their understanding of them is as deep as a puddle. If someone's emotional depth seems to be missing, you might have found yourself an AI.
  7. Speedy Gonzales: AI responses can appear faster than a sneeze. If the reply to your complicated question shows up suspiciously quickly, you're likely not dealing with a human.
  8. Know-it-all Nuisances: AIs can spew facts about a wide range of topics, sometimes as if they've swallowed an encyclopedia. If someone is too knowledgeable, they might not be one of us mere mortals.
Bear in mind, these signs are just a rough guide, not some divine gospel. Remember to apply your good ol' critical thinking skills, consider the big picture, and look for a pattern of these signs.

Not bad :)

Somebody set up us the bomb.

You have no chance to survive make your time

Ha ha ha

Now.. AI? Or not...

(link removed - MOD)

1. Know-it-all Nuisances: AIs can spew facts about a wide range of topics, sometimes as if they've swallowed an encyclopedia. If someone is too knowledgeable, they might not be one of us mere mortals.
UUhoh... AI has existed since (checks user's join date?) Call it 05..

@kschachn Wasn't at you lol.. assumed it was, I see.. hmm. AI INPUT!

53723529ecad046864120ff1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt any are.
Yes, when asking about washing machine hoses they suggest stainless steel folding tables and tell you about how they have 2 sets of washing machines/dryers.

I actually have 3 sets of washers and dryers in my home. I have a mother in-law suit in my walkout basement. That's where the sucky Speed Queen washer is.

I'm an expert on some stuff I don't get into on here. I experimented a bit to see what Chat GPT could do with some simple questions. The results were well written, but very generic and included nothing personal or anecdotal. Us humans like to tell and listen to personal stories. Also, there were some errors that could be serious in the real world.

Well, so much for selling my pair of Taylor Swift seats to a BITOGer!

A reasonable $94,000 for prime seats! Only 69 rows from the stage!

As far as AI, everything I have read to date indicates it responds to “how it has been trained.””

Old school programming would say: “ garbage in, garbage out.”

Last edited:
I've been following this thread with interest and I'd like to offer a different perspective:

While I understand the concerns about AI and its potential to generate content that might be indistinguishable from human-generated content, I think it's important to remember that AI is just a tool. Like any tool, it can be used for good or ill, depending on the intentions of the user.

AI, like ChatGPT, can be incredibly useful in a variety of contexts. It can help answer questions, provide information, and even generate creative content. It's not about replacing human interaction, but enhancing it. And remember, AI doesn't have access to personal data unless it's shared with it during the conversation.

As for the fear of AI making the population dumber, I'd argue the opposite. AI can be a powerful educational tool, providing access to information and learning resources that might not otherwise be available. It's up to us to use it wisely and critically.

Finally, regarding the memes, I think they add a bit of fun and humor to our discussions. Whether they're AI-generated or not, they're a part of internet culture and they're here to stay.

So, let's embrace the potential of AI, use it responsibly, and enjoy the memes along the way.

Cheers! 🍻

Back