How long to find out your car did this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: eljefino
My cutlass ciera had manual fore-and-aft seat adjustment, so I figured it was an all manual car. The seat was sorta reclined, more than I liked, and I couldn't find any levers on the outboard side of the cushions to adjust things. So I figured it didn't have any adjustment. Later on I read the manual and found it had a "power window" type switch to adjust this on the front side of the lower cushion, like behind/ under my knees! What a stupid place.

That's where the lumbar control is on my Vic-the controls for the other seat adjustments are on the door panel. I agree: stupid place!

The power pedal adjustment for my Taurus was on the seat. Really strange location.

Originally Posted By: marine65
I have this mirror in my car that I thought was a make up mirror for women.
Every time I looked into it I saw my face.
2 years later I found out if I tilted it a little differently I could see the cars behind me.
Should have read the owners manual.

Rear seat mirror is my guess, lets you look at the kiddo's without turning around.

Originally Posted By: Coprolite
My BMW has automatic high beams that took a while to find...

If they're automatic, surely you don't need to find them?

Originally Posted By: Olas

Maybe the way to turn the feature on/off is what they were referring too?

Another one - when my Sonata was getting hail damage fixed I got an Elantra as a rental. The turn signal is set up so that if you use the lane-change feature, you just have to move the stalk and let it go, and the signal will automatically blink 5 times and then cancel. First time I saw that happen I thought I left the signal on so I moved the stalk the other way and started the cycle on that side. I thought I broke the thing until I realized what was going on.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
Originally Posted By: Olas

Maybe the way to turn the feature on/off is what they were referring too?

Yeah, I have them on my Mercedes also, but you have to turn the option on and then you have to push the stalk out so that they're automatically on. Once you do that, you get an indicator on the dash that the auto high beams are on. Without those two, they're just regular low beams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back