How is the Winter Forecast looking for your region?

From what I understand the Northeast part of the US has seen the largest increase in average winter temperatures at 4.7F.

Last 3 years we’ve had little snow. I’m not a winter person at all but I wouldn’t mind a blizzard this year.

This was 2009. My 05 Accord buried.

@bbhero curious what your thoughts are for this upcoming winter.

IMG_5797.jpeg

Last edited:
El Nino and whatever the warm(er) ocean temps will do to us.

Last year, It would snow over the dark, early morning and then start raining on the snow before mid morning. Had to suck it up too many times and get out there with the big snow blower before breakfast, That thing hates slush. It was hard blowing last couple years. Plus I am just a couple years shy of 70 now 😩
This year was hottest on record - I find it not helpful averaging this data - would like it by region. Stupid news blurbs. I am not motivated to look.

Last edited:
We're in a severe drought in AL at the moment, and the entire state is under a burn ban. Winter outlook is for wetter than average. That's good, and maybe we'll even get some snow this year. It gets plenty cold enough for snow in north AL during the winter, but we almost never get precipitation and cold at the same time. It was 0°F here on Christmas morning 2022.

Last edited:
From what I understand the Northeast part of the US has seen the largest increase in average winter temperatures at 4.7F.

Last 3 years we’ve had little snow. I’m not a winter person at all but I wouldn’t mind a blizzard this year.

This was 2009. My 05 Accord buried.

@bbhero curious what your thoughts are for this upcoming winter.

View attachment 187555
Colorado is already seeing some of its earliest opening days for ski resorts.

We're supposed to have a warmer and dryer winter. I'm okay with the dryer part - love snow but hate rain. And all it did last winter was rain rain rain.

I was visiting my folks in central Montana a few weeks ago and we had an early snow with accumulations of about a foot, but since its windy there, too, it drifts a lot deeper in places. Had to stay a few extra days to wait for the passes to get cleared.

Back