How do you get up in the morning?

Personally I usually spend about an hour lying in bed catching up with stuff on my phone. Emails, forums, Facebook.

But sometimes I feel like this is a massive waste of time. But I can’t seem to shake the habit. It’s cozy and warm and soft vs getting up. I’ve been doing a little better as my depression has got better… at least I do something on my phone vs just lying there staring at the wall. But an hour a day is still like 1/24th of life!

What do y’all do? Get up immediately? Or hang out in bed for a bit?

Depends. On a weekday, I'm up immediately. I feel like I wake up faster that way, and am more aware/prepared when I get into the office. On a weekend, I like to read a book right after waking up. Sometimes I'm still tired and end up falling back to sleep. This is usually a really restful sleep. Other times, I just get to relax for a little while in bed.

But let's be real, with a 2 year old and a newborn, my mornings are dictated by the little monsters leeching off of my wife and I, not by my own desires.

Don't be one of the guys I work with (he's about 60).

He hurt his shoulder pulling himself out of bed and had to be out all summer two years ago. :rolleyes: Really.

But then this guy manages to be out on "short-term disability" or "worker's comp" most summers. He never seems to get hurt during the cooler part of the year, so he's a laughingstock among the other employees. "Oh, no! I whacked my hand with a hammer! I'll be out again on worker's comp!" :LOL:

Retired. Usually lay in bed for about 10 minutes not looking at a phone, get up and get the dog uncrated and fed. Make my coffee and this time of year go out and enjoy my screened in deck and watch birds and meditate on spiritual things.

Don't be one of the guys I work with (he's about 60).

He hurt his shoulder pulling himself out of bed and had to be out all summer two years ago. :rolleyes: Really.

But then this guy manages to be out on "short-term disability" or "worker's comp" most summers. He never seems to get hurt during the cooler part of the year, so he's a laughingstock among the other employees. "Oh, no! I whacked my hand with a hammer! I'll be out again on worker's comp!" :LOL:
Worked for a bus company. Guys there were experts on workman’s comp cases. We had 15 handicapped parking spaces at the garage and they were all filled with handicapped plates for employees that were going to work! Guys would wait until the weather would start to warm up and then go to see Doctor Summeroff. That’s what we called him.

Every morning I feel like ground hog day. Most times I check my phone first but not always... yet... everyday...
Wake up, shave, get dressed, lead dog out of our bedroom (he is blind), start coffee pot, take dog for walk, feed dog, pour cup of coffee, dog finishes his food and waits for me to pour some lactose free milk in his bowl, take my first sip of coffee while I wait for dog to finish his milk, dog finishes, wipe dogs face, lead dog to living room, bring coffee to my desktop computer and relax. Being its Saturday for a change I slept late and wife did too or we would be going to the beach... might be just house stuff today.

:) (yes its good to be able to do those things)

I decide the day before what I want to accomplish the next day. I get up fully energized and start my day.

Up around 5:30 or just a little later, feed cats and clean their box. Coffee. I am a morning person.
4:30 was my working days time; no virtue just hate traffic.

No pets, no kids. No work. It’s great. Bed at 0930 pm up with the sun at 515-530. Perfectly normal after decades of abnormal.
AM. Greetings. It sounds lonely but it’s really not. I’ve been answering the bell for 50 years and giving all I’ve got to family, friends and employers. I’m 72 and it’s time to re-discover myself. I hope you are well with all this terrible heat. Regards…

I’m heck to get up on weekdays. I have to get up at 5:45 be out of the house by 6:15 to be at work by 7:30. Usually don’t go to bed on work nights till about 1am time we get done doing everything we need to do when I get home. On weekends I’m the first one up because I like to get what I need to do done. My parents usually saw logs till 11 or 12 on weekends. Today I got them up early to go to some yard sales and I started spraying the cars which made enough noise to wake them up lol. I like getting up early but not on weekdays. I hate getting up before 7:30. I do get up and get right on YouTube or other websites on weekends. On weekdays I can’t or I’ll be late getting out the door. I’m not a morning person I’m a night owl. That’s why on weekends I’m up till usually about 2:30-3am I’ve pulled all nighters before but that’s never fun the next day lol.

Back