How do I pick a reciever? Tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Zeus33
Originally Posted By: Schmoe
Think the pots are probably dirty, just don't know enough about them to clean them properly.

Unplug the unit. Spray contact cleaner in the volume mechanism and spin it back and forth a few times. Should fix it.

Deoxit is your friend. Been using it for years. Don't get that Radio Shack stuff, get the standard size cans at Fry's or order online sites. Good stuff.
With all the vintage audio gear I have, going through the pots with Deoxit is standard. I've even used the stuff on the board pots for checking/adjusting bias. Tube pins, sliders etc.
Just used some other day to clean up a pot on one of my metal detectors and a pot on a radio (CCrane).
There is another cleaner that works good but can't recall the name of the stuff.

Originally Posted By: Errtt

Deoxit is your friend. Been using it for years. Don't get that Radio Shack stuff, get the standard size cans at Fry's or order online sites. Good stuff.
With all the vintage audio gear I have, going through the pots with Deoxit is standard. I've even used the stuff on the board pots for checking/adjusting bias. Tube pins, sliders etc.
Just used some other day to clean up a pot on one of my metal detectors and a pot on a radio (CCrane).
There is another cleaner that works good but can't recall the name of the stuff.

Great stuff- it even cured the intermittent gauge failure issue on my Wrangler once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back