Entered the Sonos ecosystem. Pretty hard to swallow the prices.

Wasnt sure what to expect. I started with a pair of Era 100s. Added a sub mini 3 days later. Already in over $1000CDN.

It sounds great. Im only using them for music at the moment in my living room. If I expand it'll be a pair of Era 300 in the living room and move the 100s to the kitchen. Then an Arc bar for the tv.

But with the Arc costing another $1000 and a pair of Era 300 costing $1100 I may have to hold out for a bit.

I don't know if the value is all there but they do sound fantastic and the ability to expand your listening zones or separate them is quite appealing.

Wasnt sure what to expect. I started with a pair of Era 100s. Added a sub mini 3 days later. Already in over $1000CDN.

It sounds great. Im only using them for music at the moment in my living room. If I expand it'll be a pair of Era 300 in the living room and move the 100s to the kitchen. Then an Arc bar for the tv.

But with the Arc costing another $1000 and a pair of Era 300 costing $1100 I may have to hold out for a bit.

I don't know if the value is all there but they do sound fantastic and the ability to expand your listening zones or separate them is quite appealing.
Sonos products do sound good they're the modern day Bose when it comes to marketing. their price is what chases me away.

I remember when Sonos first come out wiring homes for the network amplifiers running speaker wire and installing speakers in ceilings/walls out by a pool house etc. Long Island millionaires and their toys.

The best speakers usually weigh more than is easy to move. The best amplifiers should be hefted around by two people according to OSHA guidelines due to their weight. I have never bought in to modern digital electronics hype. Easy enough to see the limitations of clean, robust sound with a blind listening test or two. Switching amplifiers are cool and cheap to build, Small speakers are also cheap to build but with price markups that are astounding. Wonder what it costs to build the Sonos 100 set. $20 bucks or less? Chinese ain't saying.

Back