Hospital Guest Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
SatinSilver, you are correct, i forgot to mention domestic, sexual abusers, child abusers, spousal abusers( and those can be females too) etc.

People try all kinds of things, people pretending to be family members and attempting to make family decisions for patients etc.

Last edited:
I worked at a large city hospital in the PNW for many years. Security was always tight. We had gang wars in the eighties and on and many instances of gangbangers showing up to finish a job. The police were a constant presence. Even so, drug addicts would shoot up in the bathrooms, homeless people came in to sleep, and drug dealers were present just outside the entrances. I remember a few occasions when the sound of gunfire was heard walking to or from my car.

If the hospital is not safe they will make a bad name for themselves and people won't work there.

Noteworthy; This hospital was only 3-4 blocks away from a gun battle involving gangs and Army Rangers. Hundreds of rounds were fired. Some of you might remember this from the news. This happened at the peak of the Bloods and Crips gang war. The Rangers (mostly white) were having a bbq which attracted the attention of the locals. Because of the location they decided to bring their AR--M-16s which turned out to be a smart move. They were disciplined by the military of course.

Hospitals are now doing yearly 'active shooter' training at hospitals with their local police departments.

It's more of a dog & pony show for the media and TV stations with the swat tactical mobile command center on wheels in front of the hospital.

Where will that swat team be when there is an actual crazy person shooting up the hospital ?

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I pulled another all-nighter in the ER last night
My mother has been sick for almost a year and this happens often. Nothing nice but nothing new.
I'm a one man show as far as help.

That aside, the hospital now requires any guests to sign in for a pass to leave the ER doors. That requires
a drivers license and in that process they scan it and from the look I had seen that took about 3 minutes and I suspect
they run you for priors or to see if you are on a watch list. Luckily I have zero to hide but does anybody know exactly what they see when they scan your ID? Honestly I'm transporting my Mother to the ER and I have to pony up my license before I can follow her out of the waiting room. I was not so thrilled to give my ID.

Right outside of the ER are the druggies looking for pain killers and selling drugs right out on the street. Of course that walk to the ER from the parking lot has zero security or police... nice...... And this is in small town USA

If you are signing the paperwork as a guarantor, you might be assuming responsibility for your mom's bills and they need your information.

You can ask the admitting clerk the next time you are there why they are doing it.

I did not read that anywhere in the OP's post-it's a pass he is signing. It looks like the hospital wants to know who is running around the hospital late at night-to the best they can-that's why they are doing it.

It's painfully obvious what crowd the hospital is trying to keep out.

It's his MOM-she has medicare (or other insurance) and whatever other plans she has purchased. BTW-I'm sure she has long since signed any financial responsibility forms.

OP had left out some important details.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Hospitals are now doing yearly 'active shooter' training at hospitals with their local police departments.

It's more of a dog & pony show for the media and TV stations with the swat tactical mobile command center on wheels in front of the hospital.

Where will that swat team be when there is an actual crazy person shooting up the hospital ?

We do an active shooter training annually called "ALICE". We have had our fair share of threats and actual violence in our ED by drug seeking patients (incidentally, usually white women with children in tow).

And as more people are experiencing higher medical bills, you never know when and if a desperate person will attempt to shoot up the place.

I work in healthcare but not in a hospital. One hospital I go to, there is an old guy about 75 years old holding a sign in front of the hospital that says....

"______ Medical Center killed my wife due to medical malpractice"

I told security that one day it wouldn't surprise me if this old guy shoots up the hospital. He is standing on the sidewalk in front of hospital next to a very busy 6 lane road. I must have seen him a dozen times protesting the quality of healthcare. One day he might snap and want revenge since he might feel he has nothing to loose.

Guy complains about chest pain and once inside the ER he starts blasting the employees.

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
It's all B.S.

All they need to know is a name of who you will see and how you are related. Name does not match records or your story fishy then no entry, simple.

I.D. abuse is running rampant today. and honestly get rid of the metal detectors at the courthouse, make courts responsible for their actions and fear the public, whom they serve. Got a bunch of activist running rampant behind their benches. They would not do so if they feared the citizens. They are to read the Constitution and to Obey it.

I was wondering how we could turn a thread about hospital visitstions into a political thread...and now I see just how easy it is.

It could be a game.

Who can turn a thread political in the fewest number of words.

I am out of this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back