Honda Access TPMS system

TPMS isn't mandatory in Canada like in the United States.

Safety comes first and it's not fair that only the higher end models like the CR-V have TPMS but less expensive models like the HR-V get left out.

I came across this TPMS made by Honda Access China. Like most (maybe all?) foreign companies in China, they have to be in a joint venture with a local Chinese company. This product is distributed by Guangqi Honda. Looks like one benefit of these joint ventures is some tech we wouldn't see otherwise.

Like the United States, China has mandatory TPMS. Some models only have indirect TPMS which doesn't tell you the tire pressure and only alerts when low.

As a cool upgrade, they made this kit which shows the tire pressure and the temperature of each tire.

Fits right into a blank slot of my HRV.

Cost: $70USD plus shipping. Feel free to PM if interested in having a set forwarded.

IMG_7342.jpg

IMG_7346.jpg

IMG_7348.jpg

Fits like a glove in my car:
IMG_7425.JPG

Cool boot up when turning on the car:

Last edited:
TPMS is one of the best innovations ever. I love being able to see tire pressure with the push of a button. Great upgrade for $70.

Nice set up @michael007. My question is, what if I want to add a set of these to my extra wheels? For example winter wheels, will it react with the current OE system? Just thinking out loud here.

Nice set up @michael007. My question is, what if I want to add a set of these to my extra wheels? For example winter wheels, will it react with the current OE system? Just thinking out loud here.

Your car only communicates with sensors that are registered to it, just like this thing so I think it wouldn't be an issue.

If you have direct TPMS and not indirect, your car would probably show a TPMS error since the sensors are mounted to the wheels.

@michael007, The strange thing about the 2014 CRV I'm working on is, the OE wheels don't have sensors in them and therefore the TPMS sensor light flashes until the winter wheels with the sensors fitted are installed, I know it's backwards. What I don't know is, if these will fit the OE wheels, currently, the OE wheels just have rubber valve stems in them.

Yep - it'll fit in your OE wheels but you'll still have the sensor light going off.

Another option:
I see RockAuto sells pre-programmed sensors for the 2014 CR-V. They write "No programming required before installation - follow OE relearn procedure after installation." Since it'll make the light disappear, a think a set of these for the OE wheels are a better bet.

Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 10.11.45 PM.jpg

But if you prefer being able to see the pressure on a screen and don't mind the blinking light..

Back