Honda 60 second oil Change tip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had a Honda 21" Lawnmower for about 15 years. I usually change the oil with 10W30 once per year using the drain plug on the bottom of the engine. This used to be a real pain, as you have to scrap away the grass from the bottom, and remove the drain plug to drain the old oil into a pan, and the pan would get full of dirt and grass. I now just remove the dipstick, and tilt the mower 90 degrees onto it's side. The used oil drains right into the drain pan, and it comes all out. No mess, no drain plugs, all in about 60 seconds.

I just bought a new 21" lawn mower with Honda engine and your method is now right in the manual, and there is no drain plug.

No, I don't get much smoke, but it does flood the engine a little bit. I have also learned to do this when the tank is low on gas, as the fuel will leak out if the tank is full.

I do the same with my Honda push mower ... but I essentially run it right out of gas before changing the oil.

With the mower on it's side and little or no fluids spilling/leaking all over the place, I also remove and sharpen the blade.
smile.gif

--- Bror Jace

i have a 15 year old mower...its automatic and stuff...but i still push it...never changed the oil...

i think i added some though but that was years ago....im too lazy to change oil in that heavey creature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back