HONDA 0W-20 syn / Honda CRV / 1.5L DI turbo / 5k miles

Why are you resurrecting a two year old thread just to bash another forum?
Because, I felt it was a "relevant" comment (that was made here) to a "current event" (the loss of Mod privilege's for which the prior comments were made). I felt, that it was appropriate to resurrect a comment that was made "here" about things that have recently changed "over there".

I was not "bashing" another forum? Honda CR-V Forums is a "very valuable" place for those who own Honda CR-V's.

The "seemingly downgraded/fired" Mod's "over there", "did not" allow any seemingly disparaging comments to be made about Honda CR-V's engineering, especially when it concerned Oil Dilution. (( Note, this Is "My Opinion")). Honda CR-V Mod's would shut down "any comments", or make users feel not welcome for expressing their disappointment in Honda engineering. Many here have written comments about how they left that forum because of their Mod tactics.

IRT your comment about resurrect a prior made point in a thread?? I was in compliance withy your three-year rule:
TL;DR - three years.

So not being able to participate in an Internet discussion board is “hell”?

That's not what I said.
Ex. I am sure most of us have worked with, or ran into a person, who would not have an open mind about a topic, or for example, a boss who would not listen to your comments or concerns. And I'm sure some have even thought to themselves, "Wow, I would not want to live with that". That's what I was referring to. If you had visiting the other website and witnessed how it was managed, you may think the same things - I certainly did.

Because, I felt it was a "relevant" comment (that was made here) to a "current event" (the loss of Mod privilege's for which the prior comments were made). I felt, that it was appropriate to resurrect a comment that was made "here" about things that have recently changed "over there".

I was not "bashing" another forum? Honda CR-V Forums is a "very valuable" place for those who own Honda CR-V's.

The "seemingly downgraded/fired" Mod's "over there", "did not" allow any seemingly disparaging comments to be made about Honda CR-V's engineering, especially when it concerned Oil Dilution. (( Note, this Is "My Opinion")). Honda CR-V Mod's would shut down "any comments", or make users feel not welcome for expressing their disappointment in Honda engineering. Many here have written comments about how they left that forum because of their Mod tactics.

IRT your comment about resurrect a prior made point in a thread?? I was in compliance withy your three-year rule:
TL;DR - three years.
If the discussion point is about Honda fuel dilution, then, OK.

But if the discussion point is about the moderation and conduct of other Internet forums, then that’s outside the purview of this one.

Bob is the oil guy, not the “air your grievances with xxxx” guy.

There were elements of both in your post, hence my question.

The fuel dilution discussion there is now open. Not many posts tho, so maybe interest has waned.
That's true, but hopefully, over time, the thread will grow, now that we can discuss it again. I think that people simply aren't looking for answers there anymore, since it was a forbidden topic.

I'm very curious about how people have dealt with the OD. Or, to your point, if it's even a noteworthy problem.

Krum,

I am glad you posted this. There is a lot of foolishness on forums when Mods get a bee in their bonnet. Mods need to be kept in check.

Last edited:
That's true, but hopefully, over time, the thread will grow, now that we can discuss it again. I think that people simply aren't looking for answers there anymore, since it was a forbidden topic.

I'm very curious about how people have dealt with the OD. Or, to your point, if it's even a noteworthy problem.

It could be a noteworthy problem, especially under the worst case scenario acknowledged by Honda - Requiring camshaft replacement - per Honda Service Bulletin 19-037.

NTSB - Honda Service Bulletin 19-037

Back