Home in wall speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about wiring the bedroom speaker in the wall/ceiling. I have access from basement so I think it should be easy enough to snake wires. Don't want to spend too much, just watching basic TV but I recessed the new TV in the wall and the sound is a bit muffled because the speakers are half in/out of the wall.

Any thoughts?

personally I would get a cheap sound bar, the sound should be way better since you can stick it out a little further that the tv and even the cheap ones sound ok

one huge advantage of in wall is that if you seal the 2x4 space you can use that as the "box" or enclosure of the speaker giving you much better bass response, much like a large sealed speaker

If you calculate the square footage of baffling needed for the woofer to *breathe* properly and get it right on,you`ll have an awesome sound!!!!!! I`ve actually always wanted to do that :^)

A side effect will be that whatever speaker you have in the wall/ceiling, the sound from it will carry more readily to adjoining rooms and floors unless adequately isolated and insulated. You then are looking at running wiring, imaging and speaker placement and additional amplifier(s) as well to get the sound directed to your listening location.

Given the room and what you are watching, I would actually go for a powered wireless sound bar set up like a Yamaha YAS-101, YAS-201 (with sub) or a Samsung HW-F450...some of these systems have quite complex circuitry to replicate some surround sound, getting pretty good reviews (check Crutchfield out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back