Home Depot Refrigerator Delivery

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Had to get a new one...
Home Depot was super easy to deal with and fast service. They delivered Saturday just after 7 AM and like a good bloke I had the old one unhooked and pulled out and ready to haul away.

The two guys were very thin and very short. I said, what no dolly.
Nope...told me how great the straps were.

I did not hassle them but these guys were banging my walls left and right and I thought they were going to drop the refrigerator. What a nightmare..

In the end it got installed.
So much for the lifting straps and guys with no pythons...
Just saying 😉

Glad they were problem free for you. When they built the newer Home Depot on my end of town to go with the one in the hood we bought a shed and they delivered it right in the middle of our driveway two weeks early to where nobody could get by they said oh we will come back and move it. My dad had to call and cuss the manager out who wasn’t going to do anything about it and so we had to end up returning it lol. That’s the only way we could get them to come move it. The manager said she didn’t understand the problem as long as it was on the property that anyone with a forklift could move it 😂. My dad let her have it lol. We bought our fridge there too they had to take our front door off to get it inside haha.

Hopefully, you let it stand upright for several hours before you plug it in. They might have laid it down in the truck, which isn't a good thing, and the oil and refrigerant needs several hours and the use gravity to find its way back to where it needs to be.

Hopefully, you let it stand upright for several hours before you plug it in. They might have laid it down in the truck, which isn't a good thing, and the oil and refrigerant needs several hours and the use gravity to find its way back to where it needs to be.
Yes I did think of that and they were all stored upright. I won't get into the rabbit hole but I got what I paid for but the new model is half the weight of the 24 year old one and not real sturdy but I didn't buy elaborate as I figured the lifespan is limited but so is mine..

Glad they were problem free for you. When they built the newer Home Depot on my end of town to go with the one in the hood we bought a shed and they delivered it right in the middle of our driveway two weeks early to where nobody could get by they said oh we will come back and move it. My dad had to call and cuss the manager out who wasn’t going to do anything about it and so we had to end up returning it lol. That’s the only way we could get them to come move it. The manager said she didn’t understand the problem as long as it was on the property that anyone with a forklift could move it 😂. My dad let her have it lol. We bought our fridge there too they had to take our front door off to get it inside haha.
That happens with most places but overall I will buy again but not a fan of the straps...
Yeah how many people have a forklift just laying around???

The HD guys that delivered our fridge plugged it in right away. I think that’s their policy so that everything is working before leaving.

We used the straps for the heavy furniture and appliances when we moved my daughter about ten years ago. I was amazed at how easy they made moving the heavy items.

FYI Florida has a sales tax holiday that I think is still going on. A LOT of stuff is tax free free right now including Energy Star appliances, clothes, generators, hurricane supplies, batteries, school supplies and more. Our governor just passed and signed into law, a new law that exempts a lot of necessities from state sales tax and also the tax holiday is now going to be twice per year instead of just once per year.

I just use high end appliance place and decently dressed guys come in and setup appliances meticulously. They level things , remove all packing and run the initial setup cycle etc. I pay slightly more (maybe $100-$200) but they care and don’t destroy my home.

Home Depot and Lowe’s are budget for a reason.

YES some delivery guys are ROUGH!! the GORILLA from HD that carried in my aunts frig had no issues!!

Had to get a new one...
Home Depot was super easy to deal with and fast service. They delivered Saturday just after 7 AM and like a good bloke I had the old one unhooked and pulled out and ready to haul away.

The two guys were very thin and very short. I said, what no dolly.
Nope...told me how great the straps were.

I did not hassle them but these guys were banging my walls left and right and I thought they were going to drop the refrigerator. What a nightmare..

In the end it got installed.
So much for the lifting straps and guys with no pythons...
Just saying 😉
Yup. None of those companies have any delivery employees any longer. They rent those trucks and put just anybody they can find in them to send into people's homes.

I just use high end appliance place and decently dressed guys come in and setup appliances meticulously. They level things , remove all packing and run the initial setup cycle etc. I pay slightly more (maybe $100-$200) but they care and don’t destroy my home.

Home Depot and Lowe’s are budget for a reason.
I have a similar local family-owned appliance store. Salespeople are super knowledgeable and their delivery and setup are awesome.

Had Lowe's replace our refrigerator in our beach house a few years back. Second floor. The steps are Trex and it had just rained. The two guys used those straps going up the stairs. I have to say,...it was scary to watch. They got the new Whirlpool in and the old GE out though. Home Depot guys did the same thing a year later when the stacking washer/dryer went. About the same size as a refrigerator but maybe a bit lighter? Up and down those steps with those straps.
Looks like a dance of death to me.

I bought a 9 cu ft freezer chest this year, and an over range microwave from Lowe’s…what a hassle. Never got a delivery appt confirmation, so I went to my store and mgr was really a rude woman (miserable). I said maybe I should call NC to get this straightened out. She goes are you threatening me? 😂

I hate to admit I let another guy take over who wanted to help and wasted another 30 min standing there and got nothing accomplished. Btw before I drove over I was on hold 15 min then disconnected, like that jalopnik auto zone guy.

All verbal, no email, they said we’ll deliver on Sat (it was thu nite). Again just their word they’d get it straightened out.

I decided fri AM sc*** all this nothing in writing I’m canceling and ordering again. I selected the store 18 miles away (mine is 1.5 miles). This transaction was flawless. No idea about the above.

Also I was getting 5% using PayPal, and the mgr wanted me to cancel my transaction and pay in person where they can’t accept PayPal. In retrospect, I should have realized systemically, my online order needed to be cxld, they did something wrong already with it at the store end, causing them to be unable to deliver the freezer.

2 guys showed up Sunday ON TIME in a box truck that said Lowes, they did bang the freezer on something and a cover near the compressor fell off. But they were ok.

The good news is I was able to install the range microwave all my myself. That’s a process when using the template and walls are not square.

I was a bit ticked off at Home Depot this afternoon for telling me they could make a key on a vehicle, and of course they couldn't when I showed up in person.

I decided to walk through their appliances since one of their gas stoves was prominently displayed as a clearance item. Here's the most reasonably priced ones I saw.

Refrigerator that went up to my chin height wise - $498
Microwave - $179 (surprisingly large)
Dishwasher - $328
Basic gas stove on clearance - $437
Dryer - $498
Upright freezer - $329

I guess if you're getting the 10% military discount, most of these prices aren't that bad. I'm just glad I replaced our sink, stove, and dishwasher before COVID. The prices for a regular sized basic refrigerator with no ice dispenser ($800 and up) and a microwave ($200 and way up) seemed unusually high.

1689335165604.jpg
1689335179440.jpg
1689335193654.jpg
1689335201840.jpg
1689335210808.jpg

I was a bit ticked off at Home Depot this afternoon for telling me they could make a key on a vehicle, and of course they couldn't when I showed up in person.

I decided to walk through their appliances since one of their gas stoves was prominently displayed as a clearance item. Here's the most reasonably priced ones I saw.

Refrigerator that went up to my chin height wise - $498
Microwave - $179 (surprisingly large)
Dishwasher - $328
Basic gas stove on clearance - $437
Dryer - $498
Upright freezer - $329

I guess if you're getting the 10% military discount, most of these prices aren't that bad. I'm just glad I replaced our sink, stove, and dishwasher before COVID. The prices for a regular sized basic refrigerator with no ice dispenser ($800 and up) and a microwave ($200 and way up) seemed unusually high.

View attachment 166872View attachment 166873View attachment 166874View attachment 166875View attachment 166876
I just got a $800 model for my shop and got discounts too.
Delivered was about $720.
Yeah sticker shock on the big units.

Back